chapter: ☁️☁️☁️ 1/2

Your mind was racing, you started to question what you were wearing. It's not like it matters. I mean is she really going to like me less because she doesn't like my outfit. You zipped your Kanken ready to go back to your closet, then you heard a honk outside your complex. Oh god.

        "You got everything, your name tag, phone, earbuds-"
"Yeah, I'm pretty sure," you cut her off. You were just a little nervous, that's all.
She started the car, and backed out of the cramped parking spaces. She started her usual talk about her boyfriend and blah, blah, blah. You didn't mind, it was nice for something to take up the silence. You didn't listen much. You never do.

"Hey are you okay, you seem a little off." She spoke softly, with a hint of concern in her voice. "Yeah, well..." Cass always made a big deal out of relationship stuff. Not like this is a relationship or anything. "I met a girl at Sunny's, and she said she is going to stop by."
"So here's the thing, I really like her, and I'm-" "That's so cute!" She cut you off. "Cass," You wanted her to act normal, but that's a lot to ask of her.

She pulled her car into the parking spaces. "You gotta get out you know," she nudged your shoulder a little. You were half asleep. "Mmm..." You groaned.

-

                               11:27 a.m.
Saturday morning, behind the desk at
Motown

"Hi, how can I help you," you said before you looked up. "Oh, sorry. Hi!" You were a little surprised Billie made it. "Hey," she politely replied. "Can you show me around," she asked. "Yeah, of course. Hold on one second." You popped your head into the back room. "Cass, Billie's here. Can you stay at the desk for a second." "Yeah." She smiled.
Let the tour begin.

You showed her the CDs and Cassettes before you moved towards the records. "I don't even know why I came here, I don't have a record player, or a cassette player, or even a CD player," she chuckled. You smiled. "So why did you come," you hoped that wasn't rude. "I guess to see you." She smiled. You looked down. Mostly to hide your smile.