chapter ☁️☁️☁️2/2

You chuckled. "Do you want to just hang out in the back then?" You pointed to the back of the room. It had a dusty record tester, which is just a small booth with a chair, where you can bring records you like to listen to them before you buy them. "Why not?" Her smiled brightening up the room.
You both sat down on the green couch, which had way to many pillows than it needed.
After a short, but awkward pause, you decided you probably needed to say something.
"So, what school do you go to, I've never seen you before," you asked with a small polite smile.
"Umm..." she looked down. "I actually go to Arcadia High School." Your smile lifted a little, that's right next to your school! "Oh, that's right next to my school!" Her smile lifted to.
You talked with Billie about her life and past. You ended up listening to Boredom by Tyler, the Creator on the record tester with her.

                               11:48 a.m
      Saturday morning at Motown
                           with Billie

     "so I was stuck-"  You were cut off by Billie's phone. "Oh my god, I'm sorry. It's my mom. I totally forgot about the time,"she apologized. "No it's fine. I should probably actually do work anyway," you chuckled. She smiled. "Okay, I'll text you later." She left the room and gave you a quick wave from the door.
      You laid down on the couch, resting you head on one of the 17 pillows, appreciating the warm embrace of the couch. You grabbed your bag on the end of the couch and moved your way to the cashier like desk. An old man was standing at the end of the desk. He probably needs something. "Hello! How can I help you today?" You asked.
      "Do you know where the Everly Brothers records are?" He pushed his glasses up with his finger. "Yes sir, do you see that sign that says 'classic oldies'?" He nodded. "Okay, well it's the third basket in the E's," you only knew this because so many people asked for Elvis Presley, and they were right next to them.
      You couldn't get your mind off Billie, and although you were supposed to do your spring break assignment, or you were planning to, her image flickered in your head. You also forgot about Cass, where was she?

                             3:56 p.m
      Saturday afternoon, at Motown
                 getting ready to go

         You walked to the other back room, since Cass wasn't anywhere else. You knocked. "Hey, Cass I'm leaving. Your still covering for me right?" No answer. "Cass! I'm leaving!" you raised your voice a little more. "Hello?" you asked one more time. No answer. She must be asleep. You didn't like invading privacy, or not knocking, but she needed to wake up. "Cass, you better not be aslee—Oh my god!" You practically screamed. "Well get out psycho!" She screamed back.
        You ran out of the building, and sat on the bench on the sidewalk. You could never get that image out of your head. You forgot your Kanken behind the desk. And you really, really, did not want to go back in and get it. You weren't mad, well a little. You both have a lot of work to get done, Motown is building an addition to the building and you and Cass have to figure out the costs of everything, you also both have a spring break assignment together.
           "Hey." Cass spoke softly, closing the door behind her, she had your Kanken in her hand. "I'm sorry-"
"Is that what you were doing for the past hour?" You interrupted her apology. "Well it wasn't an hour-" she tried to say.
"Okay so were timing how long we have sex now?" You lowered your voice, not to cause a scene, it's a busy road.
"Y/N, I said I'm sorry, I'll cover for you. Here's your phone, you can either call a cab or ride with Sam." She handed you your phone and patted you on your back, waiting for an answer.
You had no money, so you had to ride with Sam, her boyfriend.
          "I'll ride with Sam, I have no money." you smiled at her and gave her a nice, warm hug, in a way to tell her, hey, I accept your apology.
"Sorry I screamed at you, that was stupid." She said. "Yeah it was," you laughed.

                              4:05 p.m
      Saturday afternoon in Sam's car

         "Who's the girl?" Sam asked. "What girl?" How did he know about Billie?
"Cass was telling me, you met a girl at Sunny's, and she came to visit you at Motown," He clarified. "Oh, yeah. Her name is Billie, and she's really pretty, funny, perfect." You thought about her again. "Well, your in luck, because...
I'm having a pool party on Tuesday." He said, turning down the radio. "Who has a party on a Tuesday?" You asked. "C'mon, bring her. It'll really spark something!" He said wide eyed.
          "Okay, I will. Is it at your house or Cassidy's?"
"Her's." He answered.
          Normal conversation, mostly about school since you didn't really know his interests, filled the car. He dropped you off at your complex, it was still daytime, bright sunlight fluttered into your apartment when you opened your door. You set your bag on the counter as you walked in. You made your way to your room, and grabbed a banana from the fruit basket. When people come over, you always say it's for decoration.
        You plopped on your bed, thinking of something to do since you didn't wanna waste the day on just work, plus work sucked a little extra today.

                             4:48 p.m
     Saturday afternoon, in your bed

        You woke up because of a text from Billie. You must have fallen asleep deciding how to not waste the day. Ironic.