Part4: In Part with a Slight Frustration

Nate's POV

    I make it back to my room and shortly after, Allison and Luci come in. It was a few days after I had my outburst, I went on daily walks with Thelia and Venus now to the cafe, we had coffee and pastries to gossip about everything going on with the staff. It was a good stress relief to finally be allowed out of my room. Thelia had bought me a sketch book and some pencils from the hospital gift shop, which I use on a daily basis now to make new designs for when I get out of this place.

"We're making them discharge you tomorrow. You'll still come for weekly therapy, but they agreed to let you out." Allison says, smiling.

    My jaw drops and I blink the disbelief from my eyes.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yep! We talked to the head of the hospital about it after fighting with your nurse for a while. He finally agreed." She rolled her eyes at the mention of the nurse. 

    I raised a brow but shouldered off her reaction, Luci looks a little ticked off.

"Luci, what's wrong?" I asked him.

"Oh nothing, just the fact the nurse, Venus, is an angel...."  He snarled out the words like he was a wolf.

"oh, I hadn't noticed...." I said, looking away, trying to think of anything that should've tipped me off on that fact.

"That's because he's pretty powerful, he can hide it well to those who 'don't have power.'" He looked out into the hallway to make sure no one was listening in, and he shut the door. "Nate listen, it isn't safe for you to be around angels. you're associated with me for goods sake. It would be very bad if one got close to you. Especially when they find out you're dating my sister and that makes you my family." 

"Well duh, tha-" .... 

    Did I just hear him correctly? did he just say, sister

"Did you just say sister, Luci?" I look between them, a bit shocked and in disbelief.

"Oh, yeah. I only found out about it earlier, but it makes sense actually...." Allison responded this time, smiling. I take a minute to process it before nodding slowly and standing up.

"Well, do you guys want to go get something from the cafe? I just came from there, but there is never a time you can go without tea or coffee." I smile.

"Sounds good to me." They both said it simultaneously, it was kind of weird.

    I grabbed my sketch book and coloured pencils, walking out of the room with them, I'm only using one crutch today until Thelia comes back with the cane I ordered. They said I need to stay on two crutches, but I am bound and determined to heal as soon as possible. I've already been in the hospital for three months, and they wanted me her another five. I don't think i could do it. I'm glad they're letting me go tomorrow. I can go back to classes again! AH I'M SO EXCITED! I get a little jump in my step and I hear Allison chuckle, snapping me from my reverie.

"What are you chuckling about?" I ask her.

"Oh nothing, just the fact you have so much bounce in step with an injured leg, it's cute." She smiles and grabs my sketch book and pencils, putting them in one of her hands, and holding my newly freed one. It's the smallest things she does that make me so happy. 

    We make it down to the cafe and just as we do, I hear Venus running up behind me, I look at the giant clock on the wall in the cafe, and sure enough, it's time fro my medications. I groan and turn around, taking the little plastic cup from him; Luci, I can tell, is holding back a deep growl. The scowl on his face making his hatred for Venus plain and visible. Venus shoots back a glare and before the tension worsens, I down the pills dry and hand the cup back to Venus.

"Thank Venus, I'm gonna have coffee with my friends now, ok?" I turned and kept walking towards my usual table, but the tension only grew as he followed us....

    Another short chapter, but at least it's something. I'm so so so sorry for not updating as much. State testing is about to happen and I've had a lot of medical appointments. Rest assured, I'm OK though! Thank you guys for being so patient.