Chapter Eight

"Good morning, sleepy Peanut. Are you going to wake up?"

Emelia rolled over in her bed, mumbling wearily as Dianne tried to gently coax her to open her eyes.

"Come on, baby. I know it's early but we've got to get going. No school today. We're going on an adventure instead."

Emelia rolled over and slowly opened her eyes. "Where are we going?"

Dianne smiled. "It's a surprise. But, we need to leave soon. Can you get washed and dressed please? You don't need your uniform today- I put an outfit in the bathroom."

Emelia stood up and walked bleary-eyed towards her bathroom.

"Good girl."

"Are you excited?" Joe asked, walking into Emelia's room and wrapping his arms around Dianne's waist from behind, kissing her shoulder.

Dianne nodded. "I can't wait to see her little face."

"It's going to be magical" Joe said with a smile. Dianne turned around to face him, holding his hands.

"It is. And I finally feel like I can enjoy myself. I can actually eat properly again and, for the first time in ages, I actually want a coffee."

Joe grinned. "She's back! High Five!"

Emelia walked out of the bathroom and stared at the two of them. "Why are you so excited? It's early."

Dianne rolled her eyes. "Seven going on seventeen" she whispered, just loud enough for Emelia to hear.

Joe clapped his hands. "Right, you two. Let's get going. Emelia, your mum has packed your bag so- if anything is missing- you can blame her."

///

"Right, hot chocolate for Peanut, a tea for me and one very weak americano- just in case- for you.."

Joe set the tray down and handed out the drinks. "And I got a choice of breakfast. Pick what you want. As long as I get the peanut butter acai bowl."

Emelia picked a pot of fruit off the tray. "Thank you, Joe."

Joe smiled. "It's my pleasure. Anyway, where do you think we're going?"

Emelia looked around. The taxi had taken them to St Pancras station, so she knew they were getting a train somewhere.

"Grandad Graham's house?" she asked.

Joe shook his head. "Nope. Try again. Maybe a little further away."

"Scotland?"

"Nope." Dianne answered this time. "I'll help you out a bit- this train doesn't just stay on the land. It actually goes underwater. So we can get to other countries."

Emelia grinned. "Australia?"

Joe laughed. "Unfortunately not, Peanut. I think that might be a very long train journey."

"Spain?"

"Getting warmer. Do you want another clue?" Dianne reached into her bag and pulled out an art set and a puzzle book, both decorated with pictures of Disney princesses. "Here. You can use these on the train to get ready for our trip."

Emelia's smile grew. "Are we going to Disneyland?"

Joe and Dianne both nodded. "Yes, peanut. We're taking you to Disneyland Paris." Dianne took a sip of her coffee, sighing as the warm liquid travelled down her throat. She had spent the first 14 weeks of her pregnancy unable to even be in the same room as someone drinking coffee without feeling ill. Now, finally, she could enjoy it again. Although, she knew she would probably have to switch to decaf for the rest of the day.