Chapter Ten

"So then if they turn like this, and finish here... how does that look?"

Dianne smiled as Neil demonstrated the choreography.

"Good. I think the arms need to be softer, though."

Neil nodded and did it again. Dianne gave him a thumbs up.

They had been working together all morning, blocking out choreography for some of the professional numbers for the new season of Strictly. James, her manager, had negotiated a role for Dianne which meant she could still be involved with the production as an associate choreographer. She would work with Neil and Trent until July, at which point this year's show would begin without her. Before finding out she was pregnant, the plan had been for Dianne to join the team of dancers without celebrity partners who appeared in occasional numbers and supported with choreographing the specialist styles; it would have meant she could have still been involved but would not have the difficulties of balancing Emelia's schedule with Joe's and her own.

The circumstances were different now, but Dianne had decided that she still wanted to take the choreographer job for own sanity. She lived to dance, and it kept her healthy. Her doctor was supportive of her decision, knowing that- as a professional dancer- she knew how far she could push her body. It was entirely safe for her to carry on dancing, as long as Dianne felt alright in herself.

"Shall we try the waltz part?" Neil asked.

Dianne moved into a ballroom hold, laughing as she realised her bump was getting in the way. She looked up at Neil. "I'm going to have to go right to the side- it might look a bit weird. Sorry, my boobs will probably get in the way as well." She shuffled over slightly, as Neil smiled.

"It's fine. You look amazing, by the way. Is that comfortable?"

Dianne nodded, trying her best to arch her back, which was getting more and more difficult by the day. "That's as good as it's going to get" she said with a grin. "Let's waltz."

They moved around the room together, trying to work out if their choreography worked with the music. They came to a natural stop, both smiling.

"Looking good, guys." Both Neil and Dianne turned towards the voice, which was coming from the now-open door.

Dianne smiled as Craig walked into the room. He looked her up and down as he moved closer.

"I could hear an Aussie accent, and I thought 'that's our Doianne!'".

Dianne grinned. "That's me. I'm Doianne!"

The three of them laughed. Craig walked closer, kissing Dianne on both cheeks. "Anyway, congratulations, darling."

"Thank you."

As Craig pulled away, Neil leaned forwards, as if waiting for Craig to do the same to him. Craig laughed, before kissing his cheeks with a loud 'mwah'.

"I was just in the building for a meeting and thought I'd pop in and say hello. And congratulations, obviously. It's very exciting news."

Dianne smiled, subconsciously rubbing her hand gently over her bump. "It definitely is."

"Although I am gutted you won't be dancing this year. You'll be missed."

Neil winked at Dianne as Craig continued.

"You'll have to come down to the show at some point. When are you due?"

"September."

Craig nodded. "Well, you might be out of action for the start of the series, but you'll definitely have to come to the final. Is Dianne Junior old enough to babysit yet?"