part four.

"i need you, i can't breathe without you
everything is meaningless"

jisoo couldn't pay attention to what was going on. she didn't want to be there. she wanted to be locked up in her room. her parents, especially her mom, were busy with planning her wedding to notice her sulky mood.

'just like always. they never notice.'

she was close to excusing herself and just ditch her parents but being the kind-hearted person that she is, she couldn't bring herself to upset them. she looked down at her phone and scrolled through the messages her friends were sending her in their group chat. they were talking about their plans and jisoo wished she could be with them instead.

she was deeply envious of her friends. jennie was currently in paris with her boyfriend mino, chaeyoung was back in australia to manage her father's music label and lisa was in japan with yuta and his family.

compared to them, jisoo had little to no freedom. being the youngest out of three, she was pressured into carrying the legacy of their family. she wanted to do more than just being a housewife. she didn't want to marry someone she didn't love either. she wanted to be free.

but being free was pointless if she couldn't spend it with the person that she truly loves. it seemed like forever since she had last seen him. despite the hatred she wanted to feel towards him, she couldn't bring herself to do so.

she still loves him.

jisoo couldn't delete the memories she had with him. all the pictures and the videos they took together--she couldn't erase them. it was what was left to remind of her what used to be her happiness and how nothing and no one else could replace that.

"jisoo, are you even listening to us?" her mother questioned, raising a brow towards her. the female snapped out of her thoughts and cleared her throat.

"y-yes, mother." she muttered.

her mother sighed before continuing her discussion with her father.

--

"unnie, how have you been?" jennie asked in concern through jisoo's screen. the two were facetiming with each other despite the difference in their time zones.

the older sighed and laid down on her bed, moving her laptop close to her. she wanted to complain to jennie but she didn't want to worry her friend too much. she didn't want to be a burden to other people.

"i'm fine, jendeukie. i'm just really tired from all the planning." jisoo managed to let out a soft chuckle to enlighten the mood a little bit but jennie could see right through her. she knew that the older wasn't okay. it was showing through the bags under her eyes. if only jennie could be there for her best friend.

"unnie, i know you're not okay. i can see right through you. i know you don't want to marry him." jennie mumbled.

she wasn't wrong. everything that her parents pressured her to do, she didn't want to do. she wanted to be free, she wanted to make her own decisions for once and not just for the benefit of her own family. 

"i wish i could just leave, jennie. i wish i had the courage to do what you did." the older muttered. she felt so ashamed of herself. she was supposed to be a role model for the three girls she considered as her own sisters...her real family. but she was nothing but a coward. she wasn't able to fight back.

"you still have the chance to. you know we're here for you. listen to what your heart tells you to do, unnie. you'll always have us to back you up." jennie reassured the female. jisoo could only give her a small smile. her words felt like an encouragement for her but it wasn't enough to take a step.

"i miss you, jennie. i miss all of you..." jisoo mumbled, softly. she took a deep breathe as she felt tears pooling her eyes. she didn't want to cry in front of jennie. she wanted to look strong for her dongsaengs. 

"i miss you too...so much but don't worry, i'll be home soon, okay?" the younger gave her a soft smile. 

the two continued their conversation for the whole night and it was the first time in awhile that jisoo forgot everything else going on in her life.