PART II

Jungkook thought things couldn't get any worse. He thought wrong.

It's only been five days since Chaeyoung joined and he already wants to flee the country. He thought by avoiding any sort of interaction between them the tension would disappear, but Taehyung and Chaeyoung got close despite the short period of time, and now he's stuck with having to hang out with both of them. At first, it was a little bearable. He would just sit down, silently munch on his food as he lets them do all the talking, purposely avoiding to look up at her, but he should've known. He should've known Chaeyoung was the cheeky type. She took advantage of his awkwardness and teased him every chance she got.

Just yesterday as he got out of his room to get something to drink, he caught her hanging around the kitchen, wearing short shorts and a soft pink camisole that really complimented her slender figure, and he couldn't help but gawk at her attire, his body going rigid.

"Like what you see?" He jerked his head in the speed of light to find Chaeyoung staring playfully at him, a mischievous smirk playing on her lips. Jungkook blushed madly, his ears turning redder than a ripe tomato and sprinted back to his room.

Needless to say, Chaeyoung is enjoying making Jungkook's life a living hell.

They're currently huddled on the couch watching a movie. They've had this tradition to watch movies every Saturday night when Jimin was with them and Tae thought it was a good idea to include Chae in it despite Jungkook's initial vehement protests. Taehyung's lying his head on Chaeyoung's lap as she plays with his hair unconsciously, his legs dangling off Jungkook's lap on the other side of the couch. It was Taehyung's pick tonight and surprise surprise! He chose 'Love, Rosie', aka Jungkook's favorite movie that he can't say no to re-watching. He hates how Taehyung knows his weaknesses and hates even more that he knows how to utilize them. So yeah, tough luck. Although to be fair, Jungkook is actually enjoying himself right now. He's too focused on the movie to pay attention to his surroundings, until he feels a pair of fingers brush against his shoulder. He turns his head to see Chaeyoung has put her arm at the back of the sofa, her hand hanging next to his shoulder and that's where he immediately flinches. The movement doesn't go unnoticed as both Chae and Tae look at him with raised eyebrows. Too embarrassed to say anything, he coughs awkwardly and gets up, mumbling an excuse about being thirsty.

Chaeyoung and Tae exchange a look and he begrudgingly gets up to follow his friend. Once in the kitchen, he tackles Jungkook in a headlock and rubs his knuckles on his head. The younger whines until Tae lets him go with a huff.

"You okay?" Jungkook's surprised by Tae's sincere tone and he visible relaxes.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good. Just a little nervous I guess." Tae nods in understanding and holds his hand.

"Chaeyoung is a really sweet girl, Kook. You don't need to be on guard around her. And if she ever crosses the line with you, which I highly doubt, I'd be the first one to kick her out." Taehyung's words make him chuckle and he thanks the universe for giving him such a loving friend.

"Thanks Tae."

"Anything for my Kookie." he tickles his chin lightly until a smile appears on Jungkook's face and he grins back. "Now let's go back, Rosie is about to give her grand speech at Alex's wedding and I know how much that scene makes you cry." They go back to their living room and to their surprise, Chaeyoung's not there. Thinking that she went to the bathroom, the two cuddle up together on the couch and focus back on the movie. Except Jungkook can't focus, because the movie is nearing its end and Chaeyoung hasn't come back yet. The ending credits roll and Taehyung yawns, untangling himself from Jungkook.

"Chae must have gone to sleep." He rubs his eyes tiredly. "I'm going to bed now, good night Kookie." he ruffles his head as he heads back to his room, but Jungkook's mind is elsewhere. He glances nervously at Chaeyoung's bedroom door and sighs. Maybe he's just overthinking, but it wasn't like Chaeyoung to disappear like that. Sure, they've only known each other for five days but some things are just easily noticeable. He knows she loves hanging out with Taehyung and exchanging absurd dad jokes with him. He also knows that Chaeyoung always excuses herself if she wants to leave, so he can't help but worry.