PART IV

"No. No. Ew, God no!" Tae sighs dramatically and falls on Chae's lap "this is hopeless. I quit."

"Come on, you're the one who asked for my help!"

"I know! But I didn't think it would be so hard." He whines with a pout and Chae can only pat him in the head in comfort.

Apparently, seeing Jimin and Yoongi all lovey-dovey that night made Tae crave for love. It didn't help either that Chae and Jungkook lowkey have a thing for each other (But highkey don't know about it, oblivious babies.). And so, Taehyung thought it would be smart to look for a blind date through tinder. He was so wrong.

"We just have to look a bit more, I'm sure you'll find a perfect match." Chae's words sparkle a bit of hope in him and he lifts himself up with a renewed determination.

"Alright, let's get it!". They continue to swipe through potential candidates until one catches Chaeyoung's eyes.

"Oh, this one looks nice. Park Bogum, 25, and he's a history professor. Could be fun, right?" She eyes Taehyung with a hopeful look but he purses his lips and hums disapprovingly.

"Pass. History professors are boring. He's got the looks though; I'll give him that."

"Okay, how about this one? Kim Jisoo, 24, she likes trolling people online, she's a professional gamer and she's cute as hell oh come on! she's a perfect match."

"hmm, you're right, she's cute. But I'd rather be her friend than anything else."

"God, you're hard to please." she swipes to the next one and almost drops the phone. "Damn! She's hot." She squeals and Taehyung's eyes widen comically.

"Shit, you're right. This Jennie girl sure is something."

"Honestly, if you don't snatch her, I will. I'll let her take me to bone city anytime if you know what I mean." Chaeyoung wiggles her eyebrows suggestively and he simply shakes his head.

"Keep it in your pants, Christian girl." Chaeyoung snorts at his reply.

"Anyway, yay or nay?"

"I'll have to say no. She's hot, but looks very dominant and I'm not into that." Chae nods in understanding and is about to swipe left when a tinder message pops up on his phone.

"Uhm, Tae? Who is Hoseok and why does he miss you?" Tae immediately snatches the phone from her and hides it under his butt. Definitely a terrible hiding place.

"He's a bot." he says quickly, hoping to convince her but judging from her pointed look, she isn't.

"Tae."

"Alright fine." he hugs his legs and rests his head on her shoulder. "We've been messaging each other for months now and I kind of like him."

"So why don't you invite him on a date?" why go through the trouble of finding somebody else when you're already interested in him?" she gently brushes his bangs off his face, staring at his troubled face.

"I'm scared." He confesses. "I don't want to be disappointed you know. What if we meet up and he's not who I think he is? I don't want this image I have of him to be ruined." He curls up even closer to Chae, feeling like a little child.

"Oh, Tae." She hugs him close. "I get it. I once went on a tinder date with a guy who turned out to be a major asshole and was being sweet to me just so he can get into my pants. Worst experience of my life."

"That doesn't make me feel any better." He mutters, playing with the strings of her hoodie.

"I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Tinder dates tend to be awful 95% of the time, but you will never know if you don't put yourself out there, Tae. If you want someone to be in love with then you have to make yourself reachable." she runs her hand through his hair as he hums in understanding. "Besides, he could be really interested in you too."