EPILOGUE

"Oh, you got a little bit of toast crumbs there." she says as she wipes the corner of his mouth.

"Thanks, babe." Jungkook smiles as he holds her wrist kisses the tip of her finger.

"It's only 9 AM! Please don't ruin my breakfast." Taehyung fusses loudly, staring disgustedly at the couple sitting across from him. Although, he must admit, it feels great to call them a couple now.

"You're just jealous." Jungkook points out and Taehyung scoffs.

"I have a boyfriend thank you very much,"

"Right. Your boyfriend who's currently out of the country so you're lashing out on us because you're sexualy and emotionaly frustrated." Chaeyoung quips and smirks when Taehyung's face falls.

"Damn Chae, that really hurts." he pouts and gets up, seemingly offended. "I will be in my room crying for the nth time if you need me. You guys are disgusting. And the worst. Dismissed." he walks to his room and slam the door behind him. The couple stare at each other in bewilderment.

"Did he just dismiss himself?"

"Let him be. He is a broken man." Chaeyoung replies, finishing the last spoonful of her cereals. "Anyway," she turns to her boyfriend. "What do you want for lunch today?"

"You don't have to cook for me." he says and Chaeyoung fixes him with a stern look.

"I'm not letting you eat anymore junk food, Jungkook. Besides, your finals are coming up so you'll barely have time for anything. Let me take care of you."

"But," he sighs, grabbing her hand gently. "I don't want to burden you."

"You're not a burden." she corrects him and boops his nose. "I do it because I love it. Now go get that education!"

"You're the best." he chuckles and plants a kiss on her cheek before he goes to his room.

Chaeyoung eyes his closed door and smiles warmly

It's been eight months since they've started dating and they have been nothing short of happiness. She didn't think it was possible to feel so much joy being with someone like this but Jungkook proved her wrong. He was unlike any boyfriend she had, and at first it was hard to get used to someone who actually cared about her as a person, but everytime she started doubting herself, she'd think of Jimin's words and tat helped her regain her strength again. Although, there were times where she felt lonely since he was busy with uni and she had nothing to do all day (she's taking a gap year from university after things got a little too much for her.), so she decided to get a part-time job at a nearby local bookshop to fill in the time, which proved to be great because she's enjoying it. There were also times where she was too nervous to ask him for favors, like that one time where she got her period but forgot to buy pads again. She thought about going to buy them herself but her cramps were being a painful bitch. Then she thought of asking her boyfriend but quickly dismissed it. They were only three months into their relationship, she didn't want to ruin it with such a bizarre request, so she stayed in her room, wailing and feeling like throwing up every two minutes when Jungkook suddenly showed up at her door with a grocery bag filled with sanitary pads and painkillers.

"How did you know?" she asked after changing and taking the meds.

"Oh, well," he ducks his head shyly. "I keep track of it, I guess? I don't mean to sound creepy, I swear!" he defends himself animatedly. "It's just, you tend to forget about it and I don't like seeing you in pain, so." he trails weakly, hiding his face in his hands. "This is so embarrassing."

Needless to say, Chaeyoung fell a little bit more in love with him that day.

***********************

Jungkook's sitting on his desk when hears a faint knock on his door and shouts a 'come in', his eyes never leaving his laptop.

"Hey, sorry for disturbing you. I brought you some snacks." Chaeyoung comes in holding a tray. Jungkook glances over at her and chuckles lightly.

"Chae, baby, we literally just had lunch." he says as he takes the tray from her hands and puts it down on his nightstand, then flops on his bed.

"Doesn't matter. Anytime is food time." she comments and Jungkook beckons her to join him on the bed.

"I'm tired." he says as she joins him, resting her head on his chest.

"I know, that's why I brought you snacks! to give you energy. See," she starts counting on her fingers. "I got you your favorite banana milk, those famous honey chips that you love so much-honestly, they're not that good but whatever- and of course, pocky!" she chirps the last word which makes Jungkook laugh.

"You know me so well.God, I love you." he mumbles so casually that Chaeyoung almost doesn't catch it. She freezes, body going rigid against him, and only when the silence lingers for too long does he realize what he said.

"You love me?" Chaeyoung whispers as she lifts herself to look at him and Jungkook panics a little.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." he straightens up, back stiff as a board.

"Do you?" she asks again, this time with a hopeful look on her face.

"I-I do." he stammers a bit, but she could feel his sincerity (if his nervous smile isn't an instant giveaway.) He holds her hands and stares at her lovingly. "I know it's a little early to say the L word, it's a big word after all. But, I've thought it through and I can't find any other word that describes my feelings for you better than love. When I think of myself in ten years, twenty years, the far future, I see you right by my side. I want you to be a constant in my life, and that's what love is about, right? it's for forever." he repeats Taehyung's from eight months ago, words that started making sense the more time he spent with her, words that gave him the courage he needed to say it. "I love you, Park Chaeyoung."

"Ahh-" she groans as tears start falling down her cheeks. She was not planning on crying, but who could blame her? when someone comes into your life, shows you all the beautiful things about yourself and looks at you like you actually matter, you can't help but feel overwhelmed. But a promise of forever? Chaeyoung cries even more and Jungkook quickly cradles her to his chest, rocking their bodies as he runs his hand up and down her back to calm her down. "You're unbelievable." she mutters through the tears. "You can't just drop something so big like this! I-" her voice cracks, holding into him tighter. "I thought I was the only one."

"You're not." he reassures her.

"I love you, Jungkook." he kisses the top of her head and leans back on the headboard, Chaeyoung still in his arms.

"I'm so glad I have you."

"Me too."