Where's Mycroft?

A/N This chapter (and possibly the next chapter) will have spoilers from the last episode of season two of Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall. Don't read this chapter unless you have seen that episode.

They continued with the Justice Truth/Alebony Holmes thing for a while. The government kept Justice Truth prisoner because she refused to tell them her true identity.

One day, a man was almost done questioning Alebony, and she was frustrated because he kept asking her who she was. "I'm not going to tell you! Stop asking!" she screamed at him. She was tired of that question.

"You are going to tell us eventually, but it doesn't seem to be today, so I guess I'll leave," the man replied as he started to walk toward the door.

"Wait," Alebony called, "Can Mycroft come in?"

The man answered, "No, he's not here right now, he had to leave. I heard something about his brother being dead. Say, why do you spend so much time with him, anyway?"

Alebony didn't hear anything that the man said after brother being dead. "What did you say about his brother?" she asked, almost slipping into her British accent in her worry for Sherlock.

The man was confused as to why she cared so much about Mycroft's brother. "I heard he jumped off of a building and died."

"No!" gasped Alebony.

"Why do you care about that guy?" wondered the man wondered.

Alebony didn't know what to say, "It's- I just- well, I've heard a lot about him and he sounds like a really interesting guy. I'm sad that I never got to meet him." That seemed reasonable enough to explain why she was worried about Sherlock.

"Okay." He seemed to accept that explanation. The man left the room, leaving Alebony to worry about her younger brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The man who had been talking to Alebony earlier came in. He said, "Mycroft's back, do you want to talk to him?"

Alebony jumped up. "Yes I do!" she exclaimed.

"Okay," the man said, a little overwhelmed at her enthusiasm to see Mycroft. "I'll go get him."

Mycroft came in and asked Alebony, "Is everything alright?"

She frowned. "I could ask you the same question. Is there anything you'd like to tell me?" She decided not to use her British accent because she thought that her American accent sounded better when she was mad.

"No." Mycroft was confused.

Alebony exploded. "I heard that your brother, my brother too, was dead! Dead! And you weren't even going to tell me! How could you do that to me?" she screamed, unconsciously slipping into her natural British accent.

"Oh," Mycroft said, guiltily. He apologized, "I'm sorry, I didn't want to upset you. I knew that you had to find out eventually, but I didn't want you to find out now. Sherlock has this enemy, you see, Jim Moriarty. Have you heard of him?" Alebony nodded. Mycroft continued, "So Moriarty started a rumor that Sherlock's crime-solving skills were fake. Moriarty made it seem like Sherlock had hired him to play the villain. He claimed that he was really Richard Brook, an actor who played Moriarty. He told people that Sherlock had made all of the crimes happen so that he could solve them and be a hero. Of course, everybody believed it. They didn't like that Sherlock was better than them so they accepted that he was a fake, because they wanted him to be a fake. John was the only person who believed in our brother. John couldn't believe that Sherlock would lie to him. In the end, Moriarty won. He threatened to kill John, Mrs. Hudson (their landlady who they cared about for some reason), and Lestrade (the Detective Inspector for Scotland Yard who let Sherlock and John work on cases), unless Sherlock jumped off of a building. He jumped, because he cared about his friends. That's why you don't need friends, Alebony, they can get you killed."

Alebony burst into tears.

Mycroft was uncomfortable. "I'm sorry, Ale," he said, and he left his sister there to cry.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

A/N Poor Alebony! She just found out that her little brother is dead! And Mycroft certainly didn't help.

Just so you know, Ale is pronounced like Ali or Ally, it's just spelled differently. And Alebony is pronounced Ah-leh-bah-nee.

- Maria