Why did Mycroft lie?

A/N Again, there will be spoilers from The Reichenbach Fall. Don't read unless you have seen that episode.

Also, I don't own any of the characters except Alebony, the rest belong to BBC and whoever wrote the show Sherlock, as well as the author of the original Sherlock Holmes books, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Once she calmed down, Alebony started thinking about the way Mycroft had told her about Sherlock. He hadn't seemed sad at all, only mildly interested. She knew that he didn't usually show his feelings, but Mycroft cared about his brother, if Sherlock was really dead, Mycroft would have been sad. He might not have been crying, but he would definitely have been sad. That leaves only one explanation, Sherlock wasn't dead. Yeah, Alebony thought, he had a small smile on his face, like "I know something that you don't".

Sherlock wasn't dead! But why would Mycroft lie to her? She got up and went to the door. "Guard!" called Alebony.

The guard answered, "What is it, Justice Truth?" He said her name like it was the most nasty word ever.

Alebony asked, "Could I speak to Mycroft, now?" The guard, hearing Alebony's tone, quickly called for Mycroft.

When Mycroft Holmes walked in the room, he got the most angry glare ever from his younger sister. "What?" he asked innocently.

Alebony growled. "Were you ever going to tell me that Sherlock was alive? Or were you just going to let me think he was dead, that he died without ever knowing that I even existed? Were you just going to let me think I would never get to see him again, never see his sweet little face again?" she yelled.

Mycroft muttered under his breath, "His face isn't so sweet anymore."

Alebony, ignoring Mycroft, continued, "How could you do that to me? You told me my baby brother was dead! Why would you lie to me? Why didn't you tell me? You knew he was alive, I know you did. So why keep it from me?" She had been right before, her American accent did sound better when she was mad.

"Okay, I should have told you," Mycroft defended himself, "But he asked me not to tell anyone, so I was trying to keep my promise. I'm sorry, Ale. How did you even know that he wasn't dead in the first place?"

Alebony responded, "You and him aren't the only Holmes' who can deduce! I thought about the way you told me about his 'death' and figured it out. By the way, you're not forgiven. Please leave, and don't visit again for a couple of days. I need some time to recover from what you did to me." She had gone back to her British accent now that she wasn't so mad.

Mycroft agreed and left.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

A/N Ooh, a fight! Will Alebony forgive Mycroft? That was a pretty big thing to lie about. If I was Alebony, I wouldn't forgive him for a while, if at all.

Does anyone read my Author's Notes? I was wondering if I should keep writing them.

Also, I'm sorry that my updates are really slow, I don't have that much time to write. And it's not just this book, my updates are slow on all of my books.

Please vote and comment! I remember when I used to read books, and I always wondered why the author would say that, and now I'm the author who's saying it!

Thanks!

- Maria