'Tis the Season

Ben's palms were sweating. He adored Analise but he feared that having Joe over for dinner with his host family would ruin his chance with the young man. In his gut, Ben knew how much they wanted each other. There was rarely a silence in conversation, in person or via text. The only time Joe was left speechless was when he was so close to giving into his feelings. Ben had no idea how Joe could be so closeted yet go to gay clubs and even take Ben's offer and let him suck him off. Ben wanted to reach for his phone millions of times to get an answer to this question. Instead, between the Charity event and the night of Joe's arrival for dinner, Ben sent Joe more funny animal gifs and memes.

Ben did not want to admit how many times he debated what he would wear in front of Joe. Fuck. It wasn't a date but it was so close to the holiday season and his host mother was making a special dish just for Ben's new special friend. Special friend all right. Ben finally settled on a white and blue striped shirt with blue jeans. The boys joked that he should wear an ugly sweater to impress Joe but Ben shooed them off to go do their homework.

At 6:30 on the dot, the doorbell rang. How the hell did it take the slightly taller man hours to reply to texts but he could arrive at Ben's host home on time? Ben let out a light groan, so not prepared to face the brunette. His palms were sweaty again. This is not a date. This is not a date - the blond used this statement as a mantra as he offered to open the door.

He took one final, deep breath of Joe-less air before he wiped his wet palms on his jeans and opened the door. Suddenly, at the sight of him, his mouth was dry. A thought popped out in the far back of his skull that he wanted Joe to lean in and lick his lips wet.

Joe no longer had a five-o-clock shadow. He was cleanly shaven. His hair was slightly gelled so that his slightly brunet, almost gingery hair did not sprawl out as it usually did all the other times they saw each other. Ben almost wanted to chuckle. He looked...gayer? It was not an insult. He just looked more like himself. As if the scruff and unkempt locks hid his orientation. Underneath a gray, wool scarf and black winter jacket, Ben could see that he was wearing another polo shirt. It was Christmas green. When he took a moment to dare himself to look the fellow up and down, he noticed that he was wearing red pants. That fucker is decked out in Christmas colors. And here Ben was, not wanting to be too cheesy and greeted the male with a basic striped shirt. "Hi" Ben tentatively breathed out.

"Hey. Hope I'm not too late. You said 6:30? Or was it 6? Sorry.." Joe stammered and Ben found it so damn cute. Ben tried not to melt into his practically teeny demeanor.

Ben shook his head, "You are right on time, mate. My host family is in the living room. Come in." Ben lend a hand to guide Joe into the house. He cautiously, slightly asked if he could help Joe out of his scarf and jacket. Joe smiled with a soft blush and allowed Ben to unravel his scarf. The two shared a brief moment where their eyes locked and a conversation, perhaps only audible to the fire that burned within the core of their stomachs, spoke volumes.

Yet the exchange was cut short by the reshuffling of little feet, "Is that for us?" Travis chimed in, peeking into the brown bag that Ben didn't even realize Joe carried in his right hand.

Joe chuckled, "Well, kind of. It's a thank you present for your mom and dad. A bottle of wine but there is also a box of Merci chocolates that are all ours if it's okay with your mom and dad." Travis bolted before Joe finished his statement. Ben placed his gaze back on the brunet, "You didn't have to bring anything. Really."

"Call it manners. Being a gentleman. Whatever. There's not enough hospitality in the world anymore and I am on a mission to bring it back." Ben bit his cheek not to bring up that it wasn't really good manners to let someone suck you off and not return the favor...but the boys could come in any moment, so Ben gulped the comment down. Instead, he went for something sweeter.