xiv. thoughts

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
[ xiv. thoughts ]
/ IRL /

     WAKING UP TO see the second most beautiful person in the world was so surreal. Garrett's short two hour nap seemed to energize him, but compared to being woken up beside Millie Bobby Brown gave him the breath of air he needed to live. Somehow, his head was on her shoulder instead of her head being on his. Sad to admit, but he didn't want to get off of her shoulder. Lying on her shoulder was more comfortable than he believed. Sure it was arguably uncomfortable and his neck was sore from lying so awkwardly, but it felt amazing just to wake up next to her.

     He didn't have much time to worry about the butterflies flying around in his stomach once they exited the plane. Everything was in full swing since they needed to get ready for the video music awards that was just several hours away. He needed to focus on looking his best for the carpet, but he already looked his best (in his opinion).

Garrett was disappointed that he and Millie had to part ways in order to get prepared for the event. They shared a friendly hug before splitting. Of course, Lilia made a comment to Maddie resulting in goofy giggles towards the two. Everything around him seemed to turn silent as Millie was in his embrace. He would never admit it, though because of his ego.

He spent the time he was getting pampered thinking Millie. Like, "Millie this" or "Millie that"; his mind was fully succumbed to just her being. Normally, his mind would be wrapped around himself. Was he getting sick? Was he mentally dying? Garrett didn't comprehend why she was on his mind 24/7. It just didn't seem right.

     Garrett wasn't stupid because he could easily identify what's a crush and what's an infatuation. Except when it came to himself, he was dumbfounded. He wanted the feelings to go away so he and Millie can remain best buddies. However, he wanted the feelings to stay and never go away because of how amazing it felt.

He was forced to stop thinking once he looked at himself fully dressed in the mirror. Physically, Garrett smiled wide. Mentally, he prepared himself to act like he looked better than he actually did. He did look amazing, but in his eyes, he didn't like what he saw. "Damn I look good!" Garrett exclaimed which caused a couple laughters to be heard.

His uncle laughed at his foolishness while his aunt sighed. Garrett ran his hands down his suit, staring at himself up and down. "We want to take a couple pictures of the hair and makeup, but also the final touch ups," a dark complected woman explained kindly with a large smile on her face. He leaned closer to the mirror to check himself at further.

"Sounds a-okay," Garrett chuckled as he straightened back up. He stuck his hands in his pants and started to playfully pose, which sparked up some more chuckles. The woman started to walk towards the window to get some natural lighting. Initially, he followed until his mind started to run again with the picture of Millie. "Am I going to be walking the carpet with Millie?" He questioned aloud as he walked.

     His aunt, who is also his manager, smiled at his question. "I talked with her agent and she said that's completely fine. We're supposed to meet up in the lobby," Jennifer thoroughly explained. Garrett listened as he leaned up against the window that the sun was beaming through.

A man with some "sick" tattoos started to touch up his makeup with a brush that has some powder. Garrett's face became redder once he found out he would be posing with Millie. The makeup artist found it adorable, but more makeup to try and cover up the redness. "Sounds dope," he replied cooley with a smirk on his face.