xxviii. wrong seat

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT.
[ xviii. wrong seat ]
/ IRL /

FOUR YEARS LATER . . .

HE COULDN'T BELIEVE it. Another award show would be in the bag and hopefully, he'd take home an award to add to his successful collection. It sure would boost Garrett's ego that hadn't died down any since his teenage years. He was still childish even though he was twenty. Past his childishness, he was still the one and only Garrett Clarke.

Being on Netflix was an opportunity to say the least. His film Neptune's Midnight had won countless awards only being out for several months. Garrett has received multiple awards for his musical career that he started in late 2018. His fame grew overnight as of 2022, he maintained 34 million followers on Instagram. His net worth was worth 7 million and counting. Overall, he was doing pretty good.

Garrett even managed to reconnect with his mother for a couple months in late 2019 before she ultimately relapsed on drugs and was sent back to prison (and soon rehab). He knew it would happen, he just didn't expect to get so close to her so quickly. At the end of the day, he got past it and went on to bathe in success.

As for the topic of Margot and Garrett, their relationship lasted three years and a half. They were the "It" couple for a while until they didn't feel any connection anymore. Mutually, they parted ways but still remained friends. That was until Margot got a new boyfriend soon after and focused her time solely on him, which was a bummer.

Quickly after, he got the call he was casted in Neptune's Midnight. A Netflix film about government officials dealing with the population increase in a drastic way. He and Devon Baker were set to be the leading stars in the film, which was merely a coincidence. Overall, Garrett would say he was happy with his life. Even though most of the time he felt as something was missing.

Back to present day, Garrett began to straighten out his floral vest to prepare himself for the MTV award show. His eyes were on the photographers repeatedly taking pictures of the other celebrities on the red carpet. He felt someone nudge his arm, looking over to see Devon grinning. "You ready?" She asked, placing her hands on her hips.

     He nodded, "yeah. I'm just not sure if they're ready to see me." Garrett pointed over at the photographers. "Might blind them with my hotness or something." Devon rolled her eyes at his statement making him chuckle lightly.

     "Shut up," she sighed playfully, smiling wider. "Nice to know nothing has changed since you were fifteen." Devon was definitely considered to be successful. She began a fashion line when she turned sixteen and ever since has made a huge profit from it. She became an activist for women's rights and began a movement using most of her own money. Not to mention she went on to be in two shows including Neptune's Midnight.

     Before Garrett could reply a sarcastic comment back, a lady tapped him on the shoulder. "You're both about to go on." He nodded, following the lady closer to the entrance. Another woman who was standing on the carpet directed him to get on the carpet. When he stepped out, his name was already shouting left and right. He didn't mind it at all.

He felt high as a kite. Flashing lights were at every angle. His cheeks didn't hurt no matter how big he smiled since he's been used to the lifestyle. Not to mention he craved the attention. Sometimes he thought it was his world and everyone was just living in it. Which was a narcissistic thing to say, but he always put on a narcissistic demeanor just hide his insecurities.