Chapter 12 - Water Is A Pain

How many ways can you think of to cross up to 2 Kilometers of water?
Not many?

Try waters infested with the siblings of Ursula, Great White sharks and another whole lot of evil.

The Isle of Fate is about a fifth the size of the Isle of the Lost. It is solely rock, and coated in a thick layer of obsidian, created by the eruption of Mount Fate, millions of years ago.
The precious rock would've been dug up years ago, if the fortress on the Island didn't hold the most infamous prisoners of all time - now including my mother.

Anyone wanting to go there must have a death wish.
Fortunately, death isn't a new concept to me.

My friends, Carlos and Jay, being the great friends they were, spent at least 2 hours sitting around the circular table in the middle of the kitchen, devising a plan with me to get ourselves across that ocean.

So far, we have: zero.

The sheet of yellowing paper I found in the study sat in the center of the table, a pen laying idly by its side.
Its corners curled, almost scorning our pitiful attempt to devise a plan.

"We could talk to Ursula's sisters, strike a bargain or something," suggested Jay, breaking the suffocating silence that filled the room.
Both Carlos and I stared at him, not saying anything.
"Jay, mate," Carlos licked his dry lips, "do you really want to sacrifice your voice to a group of evil sea witches?"
"Who said that Ursula's siblings were evil too?" Jay replied hastily. "That's like saying Mal's just like her mother."
He shrunk away from my glare.

"Never heard of Morgana?" I asked him. Jay frowned.
"I thought Triton trapped her in an iceberg?"
"Yeah, an iceberg at the bottom of the ocean that stands between us and Fate. An iceberg that is fully capable of melting."
The son of Jafar didnt say anything after that.

"Hold on-" Jay and I looked at Carlos. He stood up, and began pacing.
"Triton sunk Morgana, right?" I nodded, and gestured for him to continue.
"Well," a smile crept onto his face, "what if we could convince Triton to help us!"

"Uh huh. And what reason would the ruler of Atlanta have to assist us?"
"I don't know. We'll have to make one."

I looked at the boys.
They are worth more than I give them credit for.
I grinned.
"That could just work."

To me, the way we were to do this was plain and simple.
What would Triton do anything for?

This is the question I asked the boys.
They gave me the correct answer.
"His trident."

<><><>

Three hours later, Jay, Carlos and I had completely emptied my home.
Obviously, I would be sad to leave the place again, but, we had things to do.

All of our belongings were stored in my dragon heart charm; it has unlimited storage, so it wasn't a problem. Not that we had that many belongings in the first place.

The quest of action seemed simple - steal the trident, then bargain with Triton to get it back.

Now, obviously, it's not the most fine-tuned plan, but we don't have time to develop this plan. I don't know how long they're going to keep Evie alive. 

Jay was to steal the trident, being the son of a thief. We could try and convince Melody, the daughter of Ariel and Eric, to do so, but I doubt she would do it a second time. Especially without any extra information; information we can't afford to give her.
Besides, she was at Auradon prep - a place we cannot yet return to. It's easier to just formulate our own plan to steal from Triton.