Thirty Eight ~ Rya

I'm officially done with the Petrovs. First with the comments made on Tuesday morning and now this whole thing with Ellie.

I havent seen Quinn since last night when he locked himself in his bedroom and refused to come out.

I swallow two paracetamol to try and ease the pounding headache I have going this morning. If Quinn hadn't stopped me I probably would have finished the bottle and then I would have been comatose for the majority of the day.

I grab my bag and sigh as I go down the hall to try Quinn once more. If I have to go back to school then I dont really want to do it alone. I knock three times but I dont get a response. "I'm heading to school," I call to him "Meet you there?" He still doesn't answer and I sigh.

The kitchen is empty when I go in. Lisa hasn't really left her room much since Alexander died and Artie has spent the majority of his time in the basement. I start to pour the milk into my cereal when I hear soft footsteps by the door.

"Rya?" Mika says, her voice is strained. It's like shes been crying.

I shake my head without looking at her "I cant be bothered with your shit today. My head is killing me and I have so much school work to catch up on"

"I killed Alexander"

Time seems to slow down after those words leave her lips. The room starts to spin as everything hits me at once. Relief that it wasnt my dad and then blinding fury. "Why are you telling me this now?"

She scurries over to me "I had to kill him. They knew I let you out of the shipping container. I had to prove myself to them or they would have killed me. Even if I hadn't done it, Rafa was going to do it"

"You know you'll die for this?" I tell her coldly.

She whimpers. "But... but... we're family Rya. I was honest with you and I'm giving you warning to get out of the country before my family kill you"

I spin and backhand her across the face. I want to throttle the life out of her and watch her struggle to breathe but I need a few things first. "Family? If you're asking for mercy, you obviously dont have a fucking clue where you are sweetheart"

She clutches at her cheek and steps back. "Please Rya. I'll tell you everything you want to know. They're staying at Trevor Moralis's house. It used to be Sean Ackley's"

The little bitch moves so fast I barely have time to react. She grabs the same knife I threw at her yesterday and swipes it at me, grazing my shoulder as I step away.

I kick out and hit her knee. She collapses and then tries to stab my leg as she falls. I swing my other leg around quickly and kick her in the side of the head. She lies there sobbing "Please Rya. I'm so sorry"

She repeats this over and over without moving from the floor as I open a drawer and pull out a rolling pin. "You deserve a long and painful death but I have school in twenty minutes" I say. I pull Lisa's apron over my head to protect my white shirt of any splatter and then turn back to see that shes gone.

"They escaped" she hisses behind me "That made Rafa pissed"

She swings the knife at me again and I dodge but she expects this. She elbows back and hits me in the centre of my chest, sending me flying back into the counter. Pain shoots up my side from my ribs that are becoming a real pain in the ass recently.

The rolling pin cuts through the air and connects with a crack. She stumbles as blood runs from the wound on her forehead. I kick at her knee again and she falls to the ground. "Rot in hell" I hiss at her and swing the pin at her again and again.

****

I get into my car and check my reflection in my phone. I have no blood in my hair or on my face so that's a good sign.

So my dad's not out to kill us all. Hes just a dick for not replying to my messages.

It still doesn't explain what happened to Mum. If anything, this makes it more confusing.

I pull into the school carpark and get out of my car. Reggie sees me straight away and runs over his arms full of missing person posters with Kira's face printed on them. Theres a massive grin on his face. "I spoke to this guy in Greyside, he was a little strange but that's besides the point. Anyway, he thinks he might have saw Kira. Well, he saw a blonde girl but that's sort of where the similarities end. It's still good news though right?"

I smile broadly and nod "That's amazing. She'll be home soon Reggie" I hate lying to him but it seems to be the only thing keeping him going. "Shes tough. She'll get out of this"

He nods quickly and then pulls his phone out. Its national, everyone's looking for her. #FindKira is trending" He seems off in his own world and then he looks up at me "You can tell me to fuck off if you want but, do you think you could get a hold of some of the people that your parents were involved with? I mean, your mum got out, who helped her?"

I shake my head and loop my arm in his "Reggie... The way my mum got out wasnt pretty. You dont want Kira getting involved in all of that"

"I just cant think about her suffering" he says sadly "I've known her since we were kids and I dont want to think about what someone could be doing to her right now"

Neither do I.