Fifty Seven ~ Quinn

Two years later...

Kira stands in front of our entire year group and plays with the hem of her skirt nervously. She flattens the sheet of paper in front of her and clears her throat.

Reggie flashes her a thumbs up and a weak smile appears on her face. "She looks like she's about to throw up," he says, "I should go get her."

He goes to stand up but I grab his sleeve and yank him back into his chair with a laugh, "Calm down, mate. She's going to do great."

We both turn to look at her as she takes a deep breath and gulps. "Two years ago almost to the day, some crazy stuff happened."

Laughs echo around the room and I smile at my hands. She's talking about Rya. How I wish she could have been here.

Kira smiles and her shoulders fall as she relaxes, "Some of us were expecting it, some of us weren't. Everyone felt the effects of it. But here we all are today, we finished high school. We made it! Our journey was unique to say the least but we got here and that's all that matters," she stops for a second and looks down at her sheet. "Wherever we end up, whether that be university, college, work or something else, we'll all be able to look back at two years ago and realise that if we can pass our exams while the mafia have a family feud in our classroom then we can do whatever we damn well please."

She steps back away from the podium and Reggie jumps to his feet. He starts clapping and whooping and it takes less than a second for everyone else to join in. Kira grins at everyone before running down the aisle and back to her seat beside us.

"You did amazing," I tell her honestly.

She smirks and pulls at her jumper, "I cant wait to get out of here. I'm about to melt."

The chatter dies down but only for the amount of time it takes for Mr Timms to announce that we have officially graduated high school. Everyone starts cheering again and I'm pulled into a group hug between Reggie and Kira.

It's insane to think that I've only been here two years but it feels so much like home. It's been 18 months since I cleared out the Belfast apartment and moved all of my stuff over here and as of next month, Eden belongs to me.

Kira will be away in a few months to some fancy art school about four hours away and Reggie is staying a little bit closer to home to get an apprenticeship.

"Come on," I say urgently when I see the clock. We're going to be late.

Kira and Reggie check the time as well and then we rush for the doors and head out into the world. A black limo is parked out front and Chris leans against it checking his phone.

He looks up at us and raises an eyebrow, "Hurry up you lot, she's going to throw a fit if you take any longer."

We walk over and climb into the back as he jumps in the passenger seat. Kira starts to pour us glasses of champagne before we've even pulled out of the car park.

As soon as we're on the road, theres a thud and Kira jumps, spilling champagne all over her leg. The parcel tray jumps again and I slide around to help lift it up. As soon as I do, a head pops up with a scowl on its face.

"Its fucking sweltering in there and you guys took forever," Rya curses as she climbs out of the boot. She's curled her hair and done her make up as well as put on a red lacy dress. The dress has a flowy skirt which is a good thing right now as she tries to manoeuvre herself over the back seat.

She falls into the back seat with about as much grace as a drunk and then sighs at the effort.

Kira laughs and hands her a glass of champagne. Hiding Rya in the boot of the limo wasnt exactly a perfect plan but we didn't want her getting arrested. That would sort of ruin the day.

"So, how was it?" She asks us as she hands me her champagne and pulls a bottle of beer from the ice box instead. She uses her belt buckle to open it and I have to admit that I'm impressed.

Reggie wraps an arm around Kira and grins, "This one gave the best speech I've ever seen."

Kira scoffs, "You're only saying that because you helped write it."

Rya's phone rings and she groans dramatically, "Que?" She snaps down the line.

She continues to talk to who I'm guessing is her father as she's speaking Portuguese. I only know enough to pick up in which language she's speaking but Bella and I are learning Russian and Portugeuse together which is fun for us but seems to be utter torture for Rya and Viktor.

After a minute or two, she hangs up and rolls her eyes. "Mum got caught up on the way to the shop. Someone was tailing her and Freddie so they've had to take a detour to lose them."

Kira and Reggie have started taking to eachother about something so Rya turns to me, "So, are your bags packed Prescott?"

After two years with her and she still surprises me. The other day she had declared that I had to pack a suitcase but refused to tell me why. I know I should probably be worried that the Russian mafia queen wants to take me to an unknown location where no one will know where we are, but I'm not.

I'm just going to enjoy the party that Lisa has planned for us at Eden and then go to wherever my brilliant girlfriend wants me to go.

My life is fucking spectacular.