Chapter 6

Fury explained everything to me about my father. To say I was furious was an understatement. I was... something more angry than furious. Enraged, I guess? Whatever I'm too angry to think right now. Like why couldn't my dad just tell me that he was dying. At least I could have been prepared when he just died out of nowhere. I mean if I was dying I would definitely tell him.

We stop outside of a Randy's doughnut shop. My father is sitting in the middle of the giant doughnut on the top of the shop. We step out of the car, mine of course is more of a hobble. I hobble over to where Fury was standing by a traffic light pole. When I reach him he nods his head for me to start heading inside. Great I was being made fun of for being slow. Stupid dad and his stupid explosions and my stupid need for wanting to watch them. Ugh why do I have to want to watch cool things?

I hobble towards the shop and hear Fury yell up to my father, "Sir! I'm gonna have to ask you to exit the doughnut." I hold back a small laugh since anything involving my lungs feels like torture of another level. 

Dad flies down after a minute of thinking and lands next to Fury. I was like a minute away from the door. When they both start walking towards the door as well. "You going to walk faster or what?" dad asks me. "Oh, well, I would love to walk faster but when you decided to make a giant explosion in the house and decided to not make sure I was out of the way and I ended up bruising some ribs. So I can't walk faster," I say as I keep hobbling to the door.

Dad just walks up to me and matches my pace, "You want me to-" "No," I say strictly. We make it inside the door and I sit down in the nearest booth, dad sitting next to me and Fury across. "I told you I don't wanna join your super-secret boy band," dad says to Fury. "No, no, no. See, I remember, you do everything yourself. How's that working out for you?" Fury asked. "It's... It's... It's.. I'm sorry. I don't wanna get off on the wrong foot. Do I look at the patch or the eye? Honestly I'm a bit hungover. I'm not sure if you're real or if I'm having," dad says. "I am very real. I'm the realest person you're ever gonna meet," Fury replies. "Plus I'm here so," I add. Dad looks over at me funny, "Just my luck. Where's the staff here?" Dad looks to the side and I can see the weird burn, rash, thing on the side of my dads neck. "That's no looking so good," Fury says pulling the soft part of the suit down slightly. "I've been worse," dad mumbles taking a drink of coffee. 

"You got coffee without me," I whisper harshly to him. "We've secured the perimeter but I don't think we should hold it for too much longer," Natasha says as she stops by the table. Dad puts down his coffee and looks over his sunglasses at her. "Huh," dad says. Fury gets this huge grin on his face. Ooo I like this Fury guy. "You're fired," dad slurs out. "Boo," I say to dad and he glares at me. I stick my tongue out like a child. "That's not up to you," is Natasha's reply.

Natasha sits down next to Fury, "Tony, I want you to meet Agent Romanoff." "Hi," dad says. "I'm a SHIELD shadow. Once we knew you were ill, I was tasked to you by Director Fury," Natasha explains. "You know I'm kind of surprised I didn't figure out you were sick," I tell my father. Dad looks at me funny again and I smile at him. "I suggest you apologize," dad says.

"You've been very busy. You made your girl your CEO, you're giving away all you stuff. You have been ignoring Hailey. You let your friend fly away with your suit. Now, if I didn't know better," Fury says. "You don't know better. I didn't give it to him. He took it," dad says. "No I'm pretty sure you gave it to him dad. I mean you even told him and I quote, 'You want it? Take it'," I inform my father, "I mean I was there and all." Fury smiles at me and dad glares at me and says, "He took it. I know." "Is that even possible?" Fury asks Natasha. "Well, according to Mr. Stark's database security guidelines, there are redundancies to prevent unauthorized usage," Natasha explains.