Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Sorry we don't have a spare bed in either of the girls' rooms."  Mrs. Cimorelli told me apologetically. I said it was absolutely fine. I was going to be sleeping in the computer room but having a bed is good enough for me, especially in a place where there's a lot of loving people... I place I'm no longer used to ever since the passing of my parents.

When I entered the house, everyone went different ways and my head was swirling. Lisa and Lauren took me to my new room. They both were shy at first but we struck up a conversation very quickly. I kept my guard because only their parents know about my family. They asked me if I sang or played any sports. I said that I'm the worst singer ever and that I play soccer, basketball, swimming, and clarinet.

I was still shy, but they were really happy and that just made me happy and I got more comfortable. When they said they are going to film a new cover tomorrow, I got really excited... maybe a little too excited that they thought I was a creep. Wait, what am I saying? They are the Cimorellis, the girls are the definition of creeps.

"We recorded the new Taylor swift song 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' and we are going to do a video for it tomorrow!" Lisa said. My happiness level went down immediately. I remember when....

*Flashback*

My mom and I were singing to the new Taylor swift song, 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.' I was so amazed at how she was so happy. We already had a little fight and it really hurt me because she said I should just do things by myself. Those last words hurt but after an hour, she was back to her normal self. We were heading to my soccer practice when a call from the hospital came in. Dad was in the hospital because of a brain tumor.

"Is this Colleen?" The doctor asked. My mom answered a big and loud yes.

"Come here immediately, your husband is not doing well!" The doctor said. Without any good bye, my mom hung up the phone. Her speed was amazingly fast... but a little too fast. The darkness of the night made it impossible to see. Impossible to see the car inches away from us going the wrong way.

"I love you honey and I-" my mom said.

SCREECHHH!!! BANG!!!!

Darkness covered me. I opened my eyes slightly. Lights blinded me. Sirens deafened me. A big body was leaning down next to me, he had a stretcher and a medical bag. I slowly got up to look around, not listening to the medic asking me stay still. My head was suddenly very heavy when I stood up. Crowds of people were stationed everywhere. I saw car parts laying around helplessly. Then I saw the person I was looking for. I barely caught a look at her due to the people surrounding her.

"MOMMM!!" I screamed as I ran over to her side. People were trying to push me away but I couldn't help it. The crooked, bloody body was all I saw. She was laying there so helplessly in a big pool of dark, red blood. I didn't see any movement from her. I leaned down to her level and put my ear to her chest.

My ears were ringing. It was the loudest silence I had ever heard. I looked up to see what seemed like 50 unfamiliar faces looking at me. I ran right through their circle to another large crowd. I saw a man laying dead with a cellphone in his hand. Without anyone noticing, I went closer to see what the bright screen said. It was an unfinished text. I slowly walked away. Familiar arms engulfed me and a warm voice greeted me. My brother's voice calmed me but his voice was depressed and sounded like he was crying. His face had tears streaming down and I could barely hear his voice.

"Dad didn't make it." He said quietly through deep breaths and-

*End of flashback*

"Um, are you alright?" Lauren asked me. Startled, I looked up to her. She gave me a tissue. I didn't notice it but tears were falling down my face and I was shaking.

"I'm fine." I said quietly with a forced fake smile, even though I felt terrible inside. I followed them to go eat dinner. I was afraid of getting lost inside of this big house and even worse, lost in my thoughts and horrid memories again.