0 3

November 18th 1:10pm

The girl with brown eyes and auburn hair walked with a happy skip in her step towards the park. It'd been a week since she first met the small pup by the old bench. Every day she came here and brought the dog a sandwich. Even if she wasn't working and she had to drive twenty minutes to get there.

She sat down on the right side of the old bench and watched the dog bound over to her left side happily. The girl with brown eyes and auburn hair laughed and bent down to give the dog an affectionate pat.

"Hey, Bud, you hungry?" She asked the pup, not waiting for or expecting a reply. Instead, she went straight to opening the brown paper bag she had clutched in her hand.

Two sandwiches. Both lettuce, chicken and a little tomato. Both the dog and the girl's favorite.

This had become her routine now. Go to work. Walk to the park on her lunch break. See the pup and share her lunch. Go back to work. Drive home.

After about five minutes, she and the dog had both finished their sandwiches. The girl with brown eyes and auburn hair looked down at the pup and was happy to see a little more fat on his belly. It wasn't much, but it was an improvement.

She stood with a smile and looked down at the dog whose tail was wagging enthusiastically. "I'll see you again tomorrow, Bud,"

--- --- ---

November 18th 1:38pm

The boy with green eyes and dark hair walked with a lightness in his step that was still new to him. It'd been a week since he'd met the small pup by the old bench at the park. Every day he had come here and brought the dog a sandwich. Even if he wasn't working and he had to drive twenty minutes to get there.

He sat down on the left side of the old bench and looked to his right expectantly. Almost immediately he saw the small dog bounding over to him happily and a small smiled graced his lips.

"What's up, Bud?" He asked rhetorically, knowing he wasn't going to get an answer. He gave the dog an affectionate scratch behind the ears as a form of greeting. The boy with green eyes and dark hair unwrapped the sandwiches he'd carried here with him.

Two sandwiches. Both ham, cheese, and a little tomato. Both the dog and the boy's favorite.

It had become a part of his routine. Go to work. Visit the park on his lunch break. Share his lunch with the pup. Go back to work. Then go home.

After a few minutes, he and the dog had both finished their lunches. The boy with green eyes and dark hair hadn't failed to notice the thicker layer of fat on the dog's stomach. The thought made him smile.

He stood and gave the dog a small pat. "Bye, Bud. See you tomorrow,"

 See you tomorrow,"