0 6

January 27th 1:10pm

The girl wrapped her winter coat around her tighter as she sat down on the right side of the old bench in her favorite park. The pup obediently jumped up onto the middle of the bench and turned to the girl for his daily cuddle.

She giggled and moved the pup into her lap to cuddle him. "Hey, Bud."

After a minute or so of holding the pup to her and patting him, the girl set the pup back down beside her. She tucked some of her auburn hair back into her beanie before grabbing the sandwiches and water from her bag.

A little water into the bowl and one lettuce, chicken and tomato sandwich for the pup. The rest of the water in the bottle and another lettuce, chicken, and tomato sandwich for her.

The brown-eyed girl gave the stray another cuddle to which he licked her cheek affectionately. Then the girl headed off back to the little bookstore down the street, passing a tall, dark-haired boy running as she did so.

--- --- ---

January 27th 1:32pm

The boy ran down the path towards the park, passing a small, auburn-haired girl as he did so. He almost turned back around to look at her again but stopped himself. He'd seen plenty of beautiful girls in his time, nothing was special about her.

The stray puppy joined him on his run around the park before they both settled on the old park bench. The boy on the left and the pup in the middle.

They then got to their routine of eating their sandwiches before the boy would inevitably have to leave again. He was always saddened by this as he'd come to quite enjoy his lunches with the pup.

But alas, the time came, and the boy got up and headed back to the bakery store down the street.