1 0

April 9th 1:09pm

"Hello again," Alex greeted Sam as he stopped his run just in front of the old park bench. She'd only just sat down when she saw Sam and the pup running towards her.

The pup jumped up onto the middle of the bench and happily licked Alex's face. She giggled as Sam took a seat on the left side of the bench while she sat on the right.

"Hey," Sam said, a little out of breath from the run.

The pup was still licking her affectionately and she chuckled, "Yes, hi, Bud. I didn't forget about you,"

Sam raised an eyebrow, a smile already forming on his lips, "You call him that too?"

Alex turned to Sam with a slightly awed looked on her face. "Bud? Yeah. You do too?"

Sam nodded, "I guess it was meant to be,"

"I guess it was," She murmured as the dog sat back in between them, "Bud, short for Buddy,"

They settled into a comfortable silence and got out their sandwiches. Alex took out her water and then started the routine that they seem to have come upon in the last day. It was quite easy, really, to mesh their routines together. They slotted into place perfectly.

Eventually, the three finished their sandwiches and water. Sam and Alex said their goodbyes to Bud before they both walked out of the park, happy to have some company.

For once, neither of them felt lonely.