1 1

June 2nd 1:13pm

Alex walked up to the old, battered park bench and immediately spotted Sam and Bud running towards her. She grinned and got down on her knees, greeting the pup with a cuddle.

She chuckled lightly and scratched behind the dog's ears before looking up at the dark-haired boy. "Hey, Sam,"

He grinned as well, "Hi, Alex," He swallowed roughly as he watched the auburn-haired girl and the pup play.

It'd been months since they first crossed paths because of the little stray pup. They continued to meet at the park every day without fail. He'd come to quite like the brown-eyed girl. Alex felt the same way about the dark-haired boy.

The settled onto the old park bench, Alex on the right, Sam on the left and Bud in the middle. Sam got out his two sandwiches. Alex got out two sandwiches as well as two bottles of water and a little bowl.

When she realized that Sam went on a run with the puppy every day, she started bringing him a bottle of water too. He couldn't get over how thoughtful this girl was.

As the three dug into their lunches, Alex couldn't help but notice the way Sam's knee bounced up and down slightly. Almost as though he were nervous.

"Everything okay?" She asked him skeptically, eyeing his bouncing leg.

He met her gaze with wide eyes and swallowed, "Uh, yeah, I'm fine."

Alex rolled her eyes with a laugh, "Please, I've known you long enough now to be able to tell when something's wrong. Just tell me."

He turned to face her more, heat starting to creep up his neck. "Well, it's not so much something wrong, but-" He cleared his throat uncomfortably, "I- I was wondering if you wanted to do something this weekend. With me, I mean. Like on a- a date?"

Alex grinned widely, seeing the worried look in Sam's bright green eyes. "So the past two months haven't been lunch dates?" She teased him.

His eyes widened and his face flushed, "I- I mean, if-"

Alex giggled, cutting off his stuttering, "Of course I'll go on a date with you, Sam,"