0 9

April 8th 1:16pm

"Is he your dog?" Both the girl and the boy asked almost at the same time. The girl chuckled softly, and the boy's lip quirked up slightly.

"I guess that answers that," The girl murmured, looking down at the pup who was still running around them.

"So, if he's not yours, he is a stray," The boy said, scratching the back of his neck. He was very uncomfortable. He's never been very good at talking to beautiful girls like her. And this girl happened to be exceptionally beautiful in his eyes.

"I guess so," The girl agreed, shifting from foot to foot nervously. This boy was very handsome, and she didn't really know what to do. He was very tall and looked quite intimidating. She's never known how to talk to boys, let alone ones as good looking as him.

"You've seen him before?" The boy asked, curious about the girl.

She nodded, auburn hair falling around her face in waves, "Yeah, I come here every day on my lunch break and feed him," Oh no, the girl thought, Why did I tell him that? He probably thinks I'm so weird.

The boy smiled despite himself and ran a hand through his dark hair, "That's what I do too," God, she's going to think I'm some creep making up lies to make it seem like we have things in common.

The girl smiled as well, "Wow. That's crazy, I- woah! The girl fell forward and almost into the boy as the pup ran behind her and pushed her forward. Before she could move back, the boy fell forward too so they were only inches apart, thanks to the pup who was running in smaller circles now. He barked impatiently at his two owners.

The girl looked up at the boy as the boy looked down at the girl. They were only inches apart and once they both realized this, they both stepped back.

Only for the girl to immediately trip over the pup and fall backward. Before she hit the ground though, a pair of strong arms encircled her waist and pulled her body into the boy's firm chest.

She looked up at him with a sheepish smile and her hands resting on his chest. He looked down at her with his hands still on her waist.

"Are you okay?" The boy asked, voice deep.

The girl nodded, "Yeah, I- I'm good,"

The boy smiled and stepped back but not before looking behind him to make sure the pup wasn't there.

The girl walked over to the old, battered park bench and sat on the right side. The boy walked over to the same park bench and sat on the left. The pup happily jumped up and sat in the middle.

Somehow this seemed almost natural. Like they'd done this exact thing a thousand times before. But at the same time, it felt new and different. A good kind of different.

Without speaking anymore, both the boy and the girl brought out their sandwiches. The pup was extremely excited. He was getting both his lunches at once! And both his owners were here together!

The girl brought out the drink bottle and poured a little into the bowl for the pup. The boy looked at this and frowned a little to himself. "I never even thought to do that,"

The girl only smiled at him, "That's okay because I already did it for you,"

The pup happily dug into both his sandwiches. One lettuce, chicken and a little tomato. One ham, cheese, and a little tomato. Both of his favorites.

Once they'd finished, the girl looked towards the boy, "How come I've never seen you here before?"

"I just started a new job today. At my old job, my lunch break was at half-past one, now it's at quarter to one." The boy replied easily, still ecstatic about the new job.

The girl nodded, "That makes sense. My lunch break is at one, so I'm always gone by half past,"

"Where do you work?" The boy asked curiously, not at all wanting his conversation with the beautiful girl to end.

"At the bookstore just down the street," The girl replied, "What about you?"

"Well, I used to work at the bakery, but now I work at the new music store," The boy said, lip quirking up into a further smile.

The girl grinned widely, and the boy marveled at the site. "That's right next to the bookstore! I can't believe we've never met,"

The boy shook his head with a small smile, "Me neither."

The girl looked down at her watch and her eyes widened, "Oh my goodness, I have to go. It was nice meeting you though,"

She got up to leave and the boy's eyes widened slightly, "Wait! I didn't catch your name,"

The girl stopped and smiled at the boy, holding out her hand to him, "Alex,"

The boy smiled and took her hand in his. They both felt the sparks but neither commented on it. "Samuel, but you can call me Sam,"

 "Samuel, but you can call me Sam,"