Chapter 3

The terrible sun sadly woke me up and only then was when I realised that yesterday wasn't a dream. 

I am living with an asshole after all. 

But the day just began and I had to focus on the good things in life:

Running. 

Run to forget.

 Run to get your mind off of things. 

Run to just relax. 

I started to train people for running, boxing, and weightlifting competitions three years ago. Everything got complicated 5 months ago, and I had to work less. Now I have a lot of free time, that I am using for running. I do work sometimes during the week, but not as much as before. 

The sun got even stronger and was burning every inch of my body, but I couldn't bring myself to actually get up from the comfortable bed. 

I really couldn't fall asleep last night. I was thinking to much, my brain was about to explode, but at the same time I didn't think about anything. It doesn't make sense, my brain doesn't make sense but I can't blame him. Everything happened so fast, I didn't even have time to process anything. 

But who cares about me and my processing pace? 

Who cares about me in general?

But like I said, I had to focus on the good things and find a gym as fast as I could. 

 I am going to ask him where the gym is, and then I am never going to talk to him again I decided and finally managed to get up from the bed. 

 If I know where the gym is, I am just going to spend the rest of the 4 years there. I started to walk out of my room, and yeah, it was MY room. 

 I walked down stairs, and I finally could see the first floor. It was beautiful. The combination of gold and white was shown on the walls. The cream coaches were to the left of the stairs along with a huge tv and the white rag in between them. To the right of the stairs, there was the kitchen. The oven, the cabins, the big table were pure white. It was like the houses from the movies. I suddenly spotted Kevin Jones sitting on the sofa and texting someone on his phone. 

He is rich. Kevin Jones is rich. Is that why my parents wanted to marry him? 

Because of his money?

 I knew that my parents had a very big company. I knew that their sales were going down, and they needed to get money as fast as possible. They made me marry him because of his money. 

They sold me. 

My hatred just grew for both of them and I felt the tears in my eyes. 

Hold back the tears Mariah, you still don't know for sure what is going on. I guess I will never find out because after our gym talk, I will have no interest in talking to him at all. I walked down the few stairs that I had left and I was sitting on the sofa that was next to his.

"How can I get to the gym from here?" I asked him.

He didn't respond.

"Can you just answer the question?" I asked getting kind of mad.

"Can you please not talk to me?" he responded without looking up from his phone.

God, now I am really starting to hate him, judging my ass.

"Just tell me how to get to the gym, and this will be the last time we talk." I tried to sound calm.

"You have to walk until you reach the main road, find a taxi, and tell the driver the address. Simple as that." He said sarcastically.

"You are such an asshole!" I said as I got up from the coach.

"And you are being stupid for thinking that going to the gym is going to solve your problems in life." He said, this time sounding serious. 

As I promised, I didn't respond. Even though, I wanted to scream so loud and tell him to fuck off, I didn't. I left the the house. If I am not going to run at the gym, I am going to run in the forest... or whatever this place is. I still had my gym clothes on, so I was kind of grateful for that.

I started to head towards the forest, and as I got closer and closer I didn't feel as safe as before. The thoughts about my creepy night were starting to fill my mind and I felt dumb. The poor women didn't do anything bad, my brain was just playing games with me, games that I didn't like. She wasn't creepy, she was being polite asking me questions that I clearly didn't pay attention to. 

Before I knew it, I was inside the forest. The cool wind was on my face, making it feel a bit dizzy but the feeling felt good. Dizziness is way better than sadness, anger, emptiness. 

My running got faster as I moved on, and I started to feel my brain clearing out. The only reason I run for. Although I didn't feel safe, I did feel better. 

The asshole's face was starting to appear in my mind, mainly the things he said before I left the house. I knew deep inside me that he was right, I just didn't want to admit it to myself. The feeling of dizziness began to spread out all over my body as I run faster and I could feel my body begging me to stop. I didn't. 

I have to forget. I have to relax, and before I knew it, I saw darkness.