Chapter 36

GUYS THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!

This chapter is for you❤️

***************

Kevin's POV

"You look awful." My sister's high voice was hovering around the thin air. 

Three days. 

Three fucking days since I last saw her. 

"You have bags under your eyes."

I couldn't sleep for three fucking days. 

"You look pale." 

I couldn't move an inch from that damn office trying to find clues. Clues that would lead me to her.

"I don't know what to do anymore Lucy." An unfamiliar sound came out of my mouth and I flinched in reaction. I sounded tired, weak. 

"I know what you need to do." She stated proudly, like always. I looked up to her, knowing she would either bring me some hope, or say something that would make me want to punch her. 

"You need to take a damn shower."

"Fucking  shut up." I knew it. 

"I am serious Kevin. I get that you are in love with her and your life are empty right now and blah blah blah, but get over it and take a shower already!" My eyes widened in anger. 

"I am not in love with her." 

"Sure you are not." She blew me off easily. 

"I am not." I stated harshly. 

"Then why can't you stop talking about her?" Sometimes, I was certain that her mission in life was to annoy the shit out of me. 

"Why can't you shut up?" I yelled at her. 

"You are just proving my point." She smiled again. 

"Get out of here Lucy." I warned her with my favourite death glare. 

"There is nothing wrong with being in love with her Kevin, you know that right?"

"Get out!" I lost it, and yelled at her again. I was stressed, I was furious, I was tired and she was just there. But I was glad when she rolled her eyes at me and walked out of my office. I was glad that she didn't take it personally. 

Lucy was a smart woman, but there was one thing she didn't know. Everything was wrong with being in love with Mariah. I could never keep her safe. I could never keep her happy. And she deserved so much better than me. 

But as a selfish bastard, I needed to have her back. I needed to see her. I needed to look inside those beautiful ocean eyes and know that she is ok. I needed to give her the answers she was begging for.  

God damn it, I am screwed. 

After three more hours inside the dark office, I decided to 'take a damn shower.' I could feel my own weakness being washed with the warm water. I could feel my body finally relax. The only thing I couldn't feel was my heart getting lighter, and I hated myself and Mariah for that. 

Mariah changed me. When I first saw her inside her mother's car, my heart skipped a beat. She was beautiful, but I couldn't stand her annoying personality. One minute she could be extremely happy and the other minute extremely depressed. I didn't know how to deal with it. Deal with her. But that day, when I noticed her 'food issues', I realised that there is so much more in that woman that I didn't know. That one day, I began feeling like I have to protect her in every single way. Not the way that her parents wanted me to protect her. My own kind of way. Protect her with my own body, my own arms. 

"Boss." I heard Ace's irritating voice calling me outside my bathroom. 

"What do you want Ace?" I asked impatiently.

"We found her." 

I only realised how I felt for her in that moment. 

***************

"You are not coming with us, we both know he wants you." Ace is an idiot, but he has his moments. He was right, the son of a bitch wanted me. 

Just like he wanted my parents. 

"We have the strongest mafia in the country Kevin, we will manage without you." He told me. 

"I am coming. Try to stop me and you are dead Ace." I warned him and immediately saw the fear in his eyes. 

***************

Mariah's POV

When I saw Kevin entering that unpleasant room, my heart stopped hurting. Just like the emotional pain I was talking about, his presence somehow made the strong pain stop. 

"Mariah." He whispered softly, glued to the ground. I missed his voice so much. I missed everything about him so freaking much. 

"Hey Kevin." I joined him and whispered too. 

He began running towards me. When he was close enough, he just sat on the cold floor and started to cut the ropes that were hugging my body tightly. The background voices of yellings and gunshots were the last thing that I cared about while looking inside his beautiful emotional eyes. I missed them too. 

Without a second thought he hugged me, and I hugged him back with the rest of my energy. 

"Are you ok?" He asked over and over again. 

"Please tell me that you are ok Mariah." His voice was soft, his touch was warm. I felt safe. We were both in great danger, but I still felt safe with him hugging me. Once he pulled away, he took the chance to look over my whole body. 

"Don't look at me Kevin, I look disgusting." I was trying to hide my damaged face with both of my hands but he took them down instantly and before I knew it, our lips met. He was kissing me with all he had while saying that I look more than beautiful. He was holding both sides of my face with his large hands bringing me closer to him. We breathed hard between the kisses but we couldn't stop. He was my drug, and I was his. 

"We have to go Kevin." I pulled away from our kiss with tears in my eyes. I was so afraid yet so happy. I was so weak yet he was making me feel alive.

"We have time." He smiled at me and whipped my tears with his burning hands.

"Don't ever leave me again." I hugged him again.

"I won't"

"Promise?" I looked up to his blue eyes.

"Promise." He kissed my nose making the both of us smile widely.

"What do we do now Kevin?" I wanted to see my mother. I wanted to see her and tell her how much I love her. 

"We have to take care of you babe." He kissed my lips again but pulled away too quickly. 

"But I want to stay with you."

"I will be there with you Mariah." He promised again. 

"I don't want people to see the bruises." He stared at my face for a while, his smile turning sad, his eyes burning with anger. He took my broken face in his hands and began kissing each one of my bruises softly.

"Each one of them shows how brave you really are." He told me, trying to hide his anger. 

"You think I am brave?" I asked him sadly, he nodded.

"Let's get out of here Mariah." He whispered lowly, and it was my turn to nod.