Chapter 16

I want to run. I need to run. I don't care where and I don't care about my freaking health condition. I am running no matter what! The doctor said more than a week ago that I need to take it easy on myself, that there is no going back, well guess what?

Fuck it!

Take it easy on yourself my ass! I have been trying to calm down for at least five hours now but nothing helps. I miss Ellie, I want answers so fucking bad, I want my job back and I feel like Mike is everywhere. Ever since the wedding, he keeps on bothering my mind and the hate that I feel at those moments is just too much to handle.

 I need to run. I need to relax. I need to forget. I rather have physical issues than have mental ones. Kevin was nowhere to be found in the hotel room so I took the chance and with the clothes that I found in the closet yesterday night I went outside for a run. 

It was an early Saturday morning. The weather was a bit cold, but I could't ask for a better one. The tall impressing buildings were all I could see but I kept on running without knowing where I was heading to. I didn't feel like I had to care and it's the most relaxing feeling in the world. Of course at some point it was too good to be true and my head was killing me, but I kept on going like I always do. 

After two hours of running sweating and feeling fucking good I somehow managed to get back to the hotel room. Kevin was still nowhere to be found but it was better that way! After the long shower that I took I decided to sleep. It was already 10pm and I was not going to miss the chance to sleep on the comfortable bed after the painful sofa that I had to deal with yesterday. 

Apparently, my brain didn't like the idea of sleeping and the annoying thoughts came... Should I look for Kevin? Is he in trouble? Is he ok? Is he with Lucy? Do I care?

No I don't.

But he did disappear. Why would he do it? Is it that hard to tell me 'oh hi Mariana I am going to Lucy I will be back someday.' 

But again, do I care about him not even telling me?

No i don't.

I just need to sleep and everything will be just fine tomorrow. 

********************

What the fuck is his problem?!?

The asshole is actually missing and I actually care.

I have been waiting for him since I woke up, but there was still no sign of him. After much thinking, I went to the police to report that my freaking husband is missing.

They were asking the usual questions; his name, last time I saw him, what does he look like, my phone number, what am I to him.

"We need a picture of him." The police officer said with so much love and kindness. His bored eyes only giving me the want to throw up on him. 

"I don't have one."

"Well you need to get one because we can't search for anyone without a picture." He rolled his annoying eyes.

Rude.

"Ok, I will be back." I said, trying my best not to punch him on my way out.

I went back to the hotel room in hopes to find a damn picture, but instead of finding a picture, I found something else, something that made my blood boil.

"Where the fuck were you Kevin?!" I yelled from out of the blue. He looked taken aback and took his eyes off his laptop.

"Don't yell at me Mariana." His eyes were dark.

"Why did you leave without telling me?"

"I don't remember marrying my mother."

"Are you serious right now?! I fucking went to the police because I thought something happened to you! Why couldn't you just tell me?"

"You went to the police?" If looks could kill...

"Yes."

"Fuck." He stood up from the bed.

"Why the fuck did you go to the police Mariah?" He yelled while pulling his hair backwards, looking stressed and angry.

"Because you were missing!"

"So?So?!"

"So I went to the police."

It's fun pushing him over the edge sometimes...

"What did you tell them?" His tone was dangers.

"I told them your name, where you live, I also showed them a picture of you so they would find you faster because I missed you so much." I said, my voice full of sarcasm.

In one shift move, Kevin took his phone. It was like he knew what he had to do, and he was so focused on doing it as fast as he possibly could.

"We have a problem." His tone was so serious and stressed that I started laughing like crazy. This man doesn't know what sarcasm is. He looked deeply in my eyes while listening to the person on the other line. I couldn't manage to breathe and after a while of laughing and trying to get some oxygen he ended the call after saying:

"Cancel everything, it was just a joke."

"Well....ops."