Chapter 38

I told the doctor everything.

Well, not exactly everything, but more than he needed to know.

I tried to ignore Kevin's harsh glares from across the room while I explained to the doctor when it started, how much I eat everyday and what I think when I look at any kinds of food. But not why. No, I was not ready for the why yet.

"You have an eating disorder Mariah. I recommend you go to therapy and talk things through. I want you to start taking minerals until your body gets healthier. About the bruises, make sure to clean them every day and you will be just fine."

Eating disorder.

These two single words are so much more than what they sound like.

"An eating disorder?" I asked him, keeping the tears to myself and looking down at my rings.

"From what I have heard, yes, an eating disorder." He told me sadly.

"It can't be!"

"When was the last time you were not feeling well?" He tried to prove his point.

Pretty much all the time. But the running makes the disgusting feeling go away. 

"I am pretty sure your wounds won't heal as fast as normal people too. Your body is too weak and you can't hold yourself together most of the time. You will have to give up on running for a while and rest." I heard Kevin talking to the doctor before he walked inside his room to check on me, so I wasn't surprised when he mentioned my running... habit.

But to tell me to give up on running.

To rest.

It was all too much for one tragic day.

The anger turned into sadness then all I felt were my tears.

"But the running is all I know." I began sobbing, moving my teary eyes from the doctor to Kevin's large figure. He opened his arms for me and I ran towards him, hugging him like my life depended on it. 

"We will go through it together." He kissed me softly on my lips.

That night, Kevin laid me on his bed and kissed me for what seemed like hours.  Each kiss held her own emotion. When he told me that we need to stop before he rips the clothes off of me, I told him that I don't ever want to stop.

"I just got you back Mariah, if we rush things I might lose you. We both need to be fixed before we go to the next level." Was his response.

I wanted to cry.

The next day I woke up next to him, feeling his body's strong warmth. I turned around to face him, and began memorising the details of his peaceful face.

An hour later, when he opened his eyes, he began doing the exact same thing.

"Take your minerals then come downstairs. I have some answers to give you." He whispered, kissed my nose, and got out of bed.

"I can't take the minerals Kevin." I admitted to him. He turned around, looking confused and worried.

"Why?"

"Because..."

"Because?" He raised his perfect eyebrow.

"Because I can never swallow them." I blushed, feeling embarrassed.

"You are twenty four years old and you don't know how to even swallow pain killers?" He started laughing like crazy, bringing his hand to his shaped stomach to ease the pain that was forming from laughing. At me. Asshole.