Chapter 18

That's how a week went by. 

We didn't talk at all.

 At all.

Imagine how hard it was to move back to our house without telling a word throughout the whole process. It didn't look that hard to him tho, he simply didn't care. I kind of missed teasing him and yelling at him, it was like a distraction for me from real life. But the problem was that he didn't need a distraction. He had Lucy and a job, why would he need one?

Lucy. Just wow.

It was a Friday night, and I was laying on my bed, thinking. I really wanted dark chocolate, like really really wanted it. How did I get to that conclusion you may ask, well, the same way that I got to the conclusion that I want to talk to Kevin Jones. It just comes out of nowhere. Don't get me wrong, I was so fucking mad at him but it didn't mean that I didn't want his attention. I did see him during the week, but his stare was cold as fuck that I was just giving up on talking to him and making him feel guilty with my magic words in first place. If he really wanted to talk to me and say sorry, he would come and talk to me, even after I told him not to, but he didn't so...

I didn't either.

What if I break something, would he talk to me then? And what if I tell him something really mean, would he react? And what if I don't eat, would he care? What if I cry, would he understand that he was wrong and say sorry? 

Weird thoughts were crossing my mind that I didn't even notice that Jane came in to my room. She stood next to the door and waited for me to notice her, not wanting to interrupt my stupid brain.

"Oh hey Jane."

"Hey dear, can I come in?" I nodded and sat up.

"What's up?" I asked, trying to make a conversation so I will get used to talking again. 

Ha, I am funny.

"Mr. Jones told me that you will be spending the night with him and your parents, so you should start getting ready."

Getting ready my ass. I wanted to talk to him, I wanted attention from him. But it didn't mean that I wasn't furious with him. 

He treated me like shit.

"Tell him that I don't feel like going." I told her, knowing that it would make him mad.

"He sounded very serious about you going." She explained.

"He always sounds serious Jane."

"Ok, good night Mariah."

"Good night Jane." I smiled and laid back on the bed going back to my annoying thoughts.

*********

"I thought I told you to get ready." Just another person to add to the list of people who help me get back my freaking voice.

"I thought I told you to never talk to me again."

"I thought a week was enough." Why would it be enough?

"Well, it's not. Go away."

"Did you eat today?" He suddenly asked.

"What the hell Jones? You don't have to act like you care because you saw me crying. Go away and get over it!" My back was all he could see and I was fine with it, I just wanted him to get the fuck out.

"We are going out to eat with your parents. Just get ready and stop being a bitch Mariah."

"Oh I am Mariah now!" I half yelled and turned around so he could see my anger towards him.

"Just get ready." He managed to say in a calm tone and began walking out of the door.

I quickly got out of my comfortable bed and ran towards him. I held his wrist when I reached him and he looked back, a bit of shock was shown in his wide eyes. I didn't know what to do in that moment. We were looking deeply into each other's bright eyes that my stomach was starting to hurt a bit. I had nothing to say. I didn't even know why I was running after him in first place.

Attention.

It was obviously not because I needed his attention dah.

"I am not going." I wanted to slap myself at that moment. I was so fucking stupid.

"I don't even know how I keep up with you women. Don't go ok? Don't fucking go. If you wanna stay here and cry all day, then stay here and cry all day!"

He yelled and moved his warm wrist from my not so warm hand, still holding the same eye contact that we held a while ago. The tension in the air was closing on me and I had to say something to break it. 

Anything.

"Maybe if I had a job I wouldn't have to stay here and cry all day." I used the same tone as him and his eyes were a shade darker.

"You will get your job back when you learn how to respect me." He said lowly sounding confident.

My hand came to his cheek faster than anything I could ever imagine. The anger and shock in his eyes were giving me the sign that I should run and hide for at least a week until he forgets what just happened, but as smart as I was, I didn't.

"Respect you my ass! Go to Lucy maybe she will have some respect for you asshole!" I yelled, trying to show him that I was more pissed with him than how he was pissed with me. Trying to convince myself that he deserved the slap.

I tried not to show him the affect that he had on me when he took a step closer, making my back touch the wall behind me. My heart was beating a little faster when he was putting his two strong arms beside my head. My heart was beating from fear and from something else that I couldn't quite catch.

"Don't ever slap me again Mariah. Ever." He whispered so dangerously that my legs were almost crashing down.

There was even more tension in the air and I wondered if he noticed it too, but it was a different kind of tension. Sexual tension. He was so fucking close to me. All I had to do was to lift my head from the floor and then we could kiss, but I was too ashamed of my tears and scared from rejection that I didn't even take it as an option.

"Did you hear me Mariah? Don't ever slap me again!" He said even louder, but my teary eyes were still on the floor. There were just so many emotions that I felt at the same time and it felt so exhausting, so hard.

"Look at me when I talk to you." He said, his tone not as harsh as before, and used his fingers to pull my chin up so he could look at me.

He took a deep breath when he saw my tears and the something in his face relaxed. When I felt like I couldn't breathe and cry at the same time anymore with him so close to me, I bent down and somehow sat on the floor facing his long legs. I used my hands to cover my face and waited for his embrace. I needed him. I fucking felt like I needed Kevin Jones to wrap his arms around me.

"I will cancel the dinner for tonight, but it doesn't give you the excuse to skip a proper dinner before you fall asleep. You lost a lot of weight lately, it's not healthy." 

He sounded bothered by me. Like he wanted to show me how furious he was with me but he had to stop himself. I did slap him. He opened the door and got out of my room, leaving a broken me behind.