Everything Is Okay

The next day, Hugo met up with the lacrosse team for the championships.

"Hugo, you made it!" Sofia beamed.

"Of course—why wouldn't I?" Hugo smiled.

"So are you transferring to Performing Arts after the championships?" Rafael asked.

"No, I'm staying with Corinthian Sports," Hugo revealed.

The whole team was surprised.

"What gave you that idea?" Sofia asked.

"My uncle's girlfriend told me how Performing Arts took a toll on Nicholas," Hugo revealed. "That's why she said I should stick to Corinthian Sports—and that's exactly what I want to do."

"Welcome back, buddy," Jason smiled. "Well, you'd better get changed."

"Right," Hugo nodded. He carried his bag into a changing room and put on his uniform.

Soon enough, it was time for the championships to start. The Senior Knights Academy team came running out, and so did the Corinthian Sports team.

So far, the game had gone great. Both teams had scored 8 points, and the game was almost over. The next team to score wins the championships. There were about 15 seconds left, and the Corinthian Sports team had the enchanted ball. Sofia had the ball in her rack, running to the Senior Knights' goal.

"Hugo, here!" Sofia called. She threw the ball, but it flew up.

Luckily, Hugo got the ball, and with only 5 seconds left, he threw it into the goal right before the alarm went off. Corinthian Sports had won the championships, and the whole crowd roared in applause. The whole team crowded around Hugo, hugging him tightly.

"Hugo, that was awesome!" Sofia cried. Then she kissed Hugo on the cheek.

"Thanks, Sofie," Hugo smiled.

After the players had changed clothes, they met up with their families. Hugo was carrying a trophy.

"There's my champ!" Garrick smiled.

"Congratulations, sweetie," Samira gushed.

"Thanks," Hugo smiled.

"That's gotta be the greatest playing I've ever seen," Axel beamed. "Dad gave up on making you a champion athlete when he found out about your ice-dancing, but it looks like you achieved that goal anyway."

"Only because I play sports as a team player—and for fun," Hugo smiled.

"When we get home, you really need to take a bath—you're all sweaty," Garrick chuckled.

"Okay, Dad," Hugo nodded.

Later, after Hugo was cleaned up, Sofia, Vivian, and Clio came to see him, and Hugo's family joined them for a walk in the nearby village.

"Hugo, what you did was totally awesome," Clio smiled.

"Yeah, and you know something?" Vivian asked. "Maybe you're better off at Corinthian Sports. You're the best athlete in the school, and you're the most popular boy in Corinthian Sports."

"Well, my relationship with Sofia is what made us popular in the first place, and transferring schools would've taken a toll on us," Hugo smiled.

"I'm sure," Sofia smiled.

Hugo turned to Megan said, "By the way, thanks, Megan."

"What for, dear?" Megan asked.

"If you hadn't told me about how being at Performing Arts affected Nicholas, I'd probably still be fretting about which school to attend," Hugo said.

"I'm glad you feel that way," Megan smiled. She gently stroked Hugo's chin—and her glove was so feathery that it really tickled.

"Hey, that tickles," giggled Hugo. "You know, just because I don't want to go to the Performing Arts Academy, it doesn't mean I don't like performing."

"That's good because I feel so good about what happened today that I'm in the mood to sing and dance," Sofia beamed.

"So am I—and I know the perfect song," Hugo smiled.

Sofia knew what song Hugo meant, and she started singing.

SOFIA: I can hardly wait

I don't know what to say

Everything is turning out all wrong

Hard to concentrate

Trying to keep it straight

What are the words to my favorite song?

HUGO: When I don't think I can turn the corner,

I hear that voice again and again!

Hugo had been carrying his violin case with him. He took out his violin and started playing it to the song.

SOFIA & HUGO: You gotta work the angles

When all the things in your life just turn to shambles

You shake it up, break it down one more try

When you work the angles

HUGO: You know it's gonna work out fine!

You gotta work the angles

Every day's a blast

The world is moving fast

Wanna try to stay ahead of the game

The challenge is multiplied

I know I can make it fly

Or else I'm gonna go completely insane!

SOFIA: Solving every problem is an obstacle I know I can climb

SOFIA & HUGO: You gotta work the angles

When all the things in your life just turn to shambles

You shake it up, break it down one more try

When you work the angles, you know it's gonna work out...

You gotta work the angles

When all the things in your life just turn to shambles

You shake it up, break it down one more try

When you work the angles, you know it's gonna work out fine!

There were many villagers watching and listening, and they all roared in applause.

Hugo learned a bit of a lesson: making the right decision was important, and making the wrong decision can take a great toll. He was happy that he chose to keep going to the Corinthian Sports School.

Sofia the First: A Star is Royalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें