Chapter 26

This chapter is supposed to be in the previous chapter but I thought that it would be too long so here's an early update...

Myungdeong clinic was near the beach. So it wouldn’t take much time to find the place after they get off the boat. But what made them grimace their forehead was the state of the clinic that looked neglected, the outer walls were overgrown with moss and various weeds.

“How many years has there been no intern here?”whispered Jimin staring pitifully at the sad building infront of him.

“Long enough, as what I’ve heard from Professor Keullen.” Replied Jungkook didn’t care, he opened the front door using the key he brought from Seoul, “We better clean this place as soon as possible. Separate all of the equipments that still can be used and clean them with alcohol.”

“Yes.” Realizing that Jungkook would be his tutor for the next two weeks, Jimin acted formally. He couldn’t mix his feeling to Jungkook.

After a few minutes, they had lowered some dirty shelves, one patient bed, two tables full of dust and some medical equipments which turned out to be in a glass cabinet.

“They still can be used, nice.” Jungkook muttered in satisfied.

“Where do you want to place these, Jungkook?” Jimin asked, holding up some used empty cardboard boxes.

“Dispose them.” Jungkook replied, still busy separating some standar tools that commonly used to examine patients, “And Jimin, clean the upstairs first, we’ll sleep there tonight.”

“Alright.” After collecting unused items in front of the clinic door, Jimin stepped up towards the stairs. On the second floor, there was a large cavity which was filled with piles of used blankets as well as several folding mattresses covered with thick dust, which made Jimin almost sneezed every five minutes.

“Aigoo~ it’s so dirty here…” Jimin sighed while sweeping the entire room and then mopping it until the dust disappear. Jimin’s hard work was not in vain. Now, the wooden floor was more livable than before. Putting the bucket water aside, Jimin turned to lift the folding mattress and arranged them neatly on the floor.

“Now, just take the suitcases upstairs.” Jimin just arrived on the down floor when Jungkook called his name again.

“Jimin, help me here!”

“Aisshhh, couldn’t he do it by himself?” Jimin grumbled but still approaching Jungkook. The boy was moving some chairs and tables near the front door.

“I want to make a registration table for every patient who registers.” explained Jungkook seeing Jimin’s curious expression.

“Do you need help lifting those tables?”

“No need, you better wash those –“  Jungkook pointed towards a pile of shabby white clothes beside table, “Wash them and put them in place again.” Jungkook ordered, couldn’t be refused.

“Okay.” Jimin deeply sighed, washing in this cold whether like this was the last choice in his life, but there was no way he would dare to refuse, right? So Jimin said nothing, took the clothes into bathroom.

Nearly three hours they cleaned the clinic nonstop, wiping all over the place until sweat drained their body eventhough it was winter in Korea.

After washing and hanged them outside the clinic, Jimin enter the building while rubbing his trembling palms together, “How about I prepare dinner for us?” he asked Jungkook who was sitting tiredly on the chair.

Jungkook gazed at Jimin, “Do you have food?” he asked sharply.

Jimin noded, “I brought some ramen from Seoul.”