2

"Shoma Uno. Stop spacing out." Coach's voice was full of anger as he called out to me. "Im sorry." I mumble. The heat of the sun felt extra hot and I felt too tired and weak than usual. "Shoma? Are you sure your alright? Your missing the ball and you cant even shoot a goal. Please sit down and rest."

I decided to listen to him and sit down on the bench, a water bottle in my hand. I felt extremely tired. Like life was sucked out of me. I didnt feel enthusiastic towards the things that I usually love to do. I havent been practicing table tennis for a week now. And then im missing the ball in soccer. I felt drained, unmotivated.

"Shoma, if your troubled then I allow you to leave early for now." Coach approaches me again. I sigh and thank him. I made my way to the locker room and changed my clothes. Heading out, I bumped into Sota who was rushing somewhere. "Oh, hey Shoma! Im heading back to the rink. Want to watch us skate?" Since there was nothing else to do, I decided to follow him.

The air in rink was cold. Probably because of the airconditioning. On the ice I saw around 5 skaters. Aside from Sota, Keiji and Kazuki. There were two females who were also practicing. I decided to just watch them for a while.

Figure skating is a beautiful sport where grace and power are both displayed. I knew that. The way that they jump of the ice and landing back down perfectly. Its extremely captivating yet difficult. I couldnt help but wonder how they balance themselves and how they do all these spins and jumps.

"Good day Shoma. Do you feel alright?" Keiji asks in a calming voice. "Im doing fine, I guess. How's practice doing?" I ask, as he sits down beside me. "Its doing well. Kazuki is hyped. He has been practicing his whole program every day." He chuckles. "He really wants to win, huh?"

"Of course, why wouldnt I want to win? Skating is my passion!" Yells an out of breath Kazuki. "Shoma, why dont you skate? You do lots of sports yet you never tried skating." Sota says as he pulls me towards the rink. "Hey wait! I dont have skates on!"

"We'll get you skates then." They rush out of the rink only to get a pair of white skates. "Here! Put it on." I reluctantly accepted the skates and tried them on. "It fits." The trio dragged me onto the ice, their hands holding onto me for support.

"Ok now try to balance." Sota and Kazuki lets go, leaving me alone without any support. At first, I balanced for a few minutes but it didnt last long. I then found myself on the icy floor. "Ouch!" I mutter. "Okay, maybe you still need our assistance." They chuckle. "Come on Shoma. Who knows? One day you might skate. We'll teach you!"

"Me? Skate? I can't even do well in sports right now. I dont have longevity whatsoever." I sigh. It looks like they didnt hear my remark as they continued talking about the tricks they were going to teach me. "Lets teach him a flip. Or an axel! Or maybe even a quad!" Keiji heard though. He dragged me to the other edge of the rink. "Your troubled. Now tell me why."

I sigh for the hundredth time today. "I dont know, Keiji. I feel extremely tired and unmotivated." He looks at me with that calm gaze of his. "Your not sick right? What are you tired of?" I thought about my answer to his question. "Im tired of this cycle. I need change." I didnt know why I said this. But I felt that way. I needed a change in my life. A good change. Everything just felt boring and plain. I felt caged in one place and I wanted to be free.

"Well, If you truly love something. No matter how repetitive or how boring it gets, you still love it." He says. Do I love my sport? Do I love my life? I do, but it just gets tiring. "Dont worry. You just need to relax for a while. Loosen up a bit." He says as he pats me on the back. "Yeah, maybe I should." I mutter. "You guys! What are you talking about?" Asks the two who finally noticed our missing presence. "Nothing. Just that Shoma is going to watch the national competition." Smiles Keiji.

A/N:

Hello! This is Chapter two. Still somehow boring. Im trying actually. So in this book, Kazuki Tomono is somehow ahead of Shoma. Shoma here does sports but is not a skater. Honestly, the story will progress if it can. I dont plan these things. (:3) Thanks for reading Btw.