Chapter 6

The Enigma exited the jump stream, the sub-light engines and the weapon systems went back online. Simona lowered the screens and engaged the stealth system. The ship arrived in the Charisma System, a three planetary system and only one planet, Uma, was able to sustain life. The planet gave off a beautiful green aura due to its rich vegetation. Vlad approached the planet and entered standard orbit. 

Simona scanned the orbit and detected no starships in the area. She focused her sensors on the planet surface and reported hundreds of large settlements. But with the stealth system engaged, there was a minimal chance that Enigma would be detected.

Lydia walked onto the bridge with Faith. The bridge crew stared at the dark hair darling. They heard about her and some of the things that she could do, but never laid eyes on her. Again, people were surprised to see how short she was. They were expecting a massive towering figure of destruction, but they got a cute petite young lady with pretty blue eyes.

Simona commented first to Faith. "That isn't appropriate attire for the bridge young lady," she barked. Faith wearing a short white tank top that exposed her stomach and a pair of shorts that went down to her upper thighs, showing her muscular legs.

Vlad turned his head got a first look of Faith. "I think we should that a vote on what is appropriate attire."

"Keep your eyes on the monitor, Vlad," Lydia said. She then addressed Simona's concerns. "This is not Star Force, Simona. AMPED keeps Faith's body temperature evaluated. Just be happy she didn't show up on the bridge butt ass naked."

Vlad took another look. "That is appropriate attire I can support," he added, followed by a soft smile.

A reddish hue came across Faith's cheeks. She received lustful looks on the Hanniable, which rubbed her wrong, but Vlad seemed harmless and sweet, in an annoying way. Faith's head looked down, but her eyes crept up and returned a smile.

"Focus team," Lydia said.

"Yes, Ma'ma," Simona said.

"Will do," Vlad said and looked back at his monitor.

Lydia gave Vlad the coordinates of the base. He approached it slowly and carefully. The stealth system only masked the energy and heat signature of the ship. So, the ship was invisible on sensors but quite visible to the naked eye. The ship broke from the orbit and descended through the atmosphere as it raced towards the surface of the planet. Passing through the clouds until some of the settlement were visible by the naked eye.

Lydia walked up to Vlad and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Find a clearing about a couple of kilometers from the base."

"No problem," he replied. "It's a piece of cake."

"I made a cake from scratch." Zain booming voice heard throughout the bridge. "Not as easy as you think."

Vlad chuckled. "Don't worry. I got this." He flew the ship closer to the surface. The tall trees made it harder for Vlad to land the ship, but the trees would provide excellent cover. After several minutes searching, he was able to locate a clearing big enough to land the Enigma, but small enough to cover it. He landed the ship. "As I said," he added, "a piece of cake. How about a kiss for a great landing?"

"Fine," Lydia said. "Zain, go ahead and kiss him."

Zain puckered his lips and got up from his chair. He knew Lydia was joking, but he wanted to mess with Vlad.

Vlad's hands went up as Zain approached him. "Never mind," Vlad responded. "I guess I have to do something astonishing, to get a kiss from you, Lydia?"

"Borderline godlike," Lydia jested.

Zain blew him a kiss and sat back at his station.

"Ma'am," Simona said. She was the only person of the ship that addressed her as ma'am. "It about three hundred kelvins out there with ninety-five percent humidity."