Chapter 22

After several hours of flying in the jumpstream, the Enigma finally reached its destination. Only Lydia knew where they were, the rest of the crew was in the dark. The ship approached a three planetary system located in an uncharted sector just outside of Association's space. Simona attempted to access the star chart, but access was denied. Lydia was serious about keeping their location unknown to the rest of the crew. The planets in this system were rich in resources, especially Helium-3, but none of the planets could support life of any kind. Each planet had several mining stations orbiting it. The mining stations would extract over 10,100,000 metric tons of Helium-3 per solar year. In theory, it was enough to power Earth for over 100,000 years.

Orbiting the second planet was a large multistory disk-like space station called Legba. The space station was home to over 50,000 residents, including the employees of the Legba Mining Corporation and their family and humans that didn't want to live under Association's rules and policies. Humans weren't the only species that resided at the station. There were many Nessians and Ventures that called Legba home. The station was self-contain. It didn't have to import any supplies or resources. It produced its own food and energy. There were hospitals, schools, restaurants and other forms of entertainment that a person could live a full life on the station. It received very few visitors and its location was unknown to most people. The top level of the station was the main office of the Legba Mining Corporation. The corporation also served as a front for Star Force Intelligence. Only the Board and the CEO of Legba were aware of this. The employees and the residents didn't have a clue. The CEO was Richardo Rodriguez, but he was known by the Board as Commander Gaspar Cruz.

The Enigma approached Legba and got permission to dock at the station. Legba didn't ask any questions, as long the ship captain paid the one million credit docking fee. Once the ship was docked, Lydia met with Faith privately in the briefing room.

"I need you to meet Cruz," Lydia said.

"Why me?" Faith asked. "I never met the person. He is your contact." Faith's body tensed. She wasn't sure what Lydia was planning.

"I can't meet with him," Lydia tried to explain. "There is a good chance that my name came across his desk. I don't trust that he wouldn't turn me in." Lydia walked behind Faith and firmly message Faith's shoulders. "Besides, I have to stay on the ship to keep a close eye on other crew members."

Faith's shoulders dropped and her neck leaned back as Lydia rubbed the stress away. Faith's body still got a tingling feeling when being touch by Lydia. Faith took hold of Lydia's hand and kissed it. "What you need me to do?" Faith asked with a slight hesitation in her voice.

Lydia kissed Faith on the neck. It wasn't the most professional way to respond to a request, but Lydia had to make Faith comfortable. Faith leaned back into Lydia and let out several quiet moans as Lydia planted several soft kissing on the young woman's neck. She wrapped her arms around Faith's stomach. "I need you to meet him at the bar on the tenth deck called the 'Crossroads.'"

"You want me to approach him?" Faith asked.

"No," Lydia answered. Her arms squeezed tighter around Faith's stomach and continued to kiss the warrior's neck. "He will approach you. It has to be on his terms."

"Why would he approach me?" There was a sense of confusion in Faith's tone.

Lydia turned Faith around. She stroked Faith's raven hair and stared into her blue eyes. "He likes pretty young things," Lydia said with a smirk on her face. "You are a pretty young thing." She gently kissed Faith's hand.

Faith tilted her head to the floor and looked up with her eyes. "You want me to seduce him?" She said in a firm and strong tone.

Lydia lifted Faith's head and kissed her on the lips. "I would never ask that of you, but be nice, flirt a little. There is an old Earth expression. 'You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.'"