Chapter 23

With the frequency, Lydia would be able to find the Hannibal with no problem. Ezi made all of the upgrades of the screens and weapons. Simona and Lydia studied the tactical readout of the Hannibal. The Hannibal was very well equipped. It had four plasma cannons and multi-force screens. It wasn't designed as a warship, but it could fight its way out of a lot of jams. It was five times larger than the Enigma and could take a beating before it could be disabled. The Enigma was outgunned and outpowered. It shouldn't be able to stand up against the Hannibal, but the Enigma had some advantages. It was battle tested. The Hannibal had never been in a firefight. It moved like a cruiser, but it didn't fight like one. It was slow and bulking. The Enigma would be flying circles around the Hannibal, no matter who was behind the helm.

Lydia was still flying the ship, she didn't fully trust anyone else with that task. She couldn't afford anyone making a mistake hunting the Hannibal. In her mind, she wasn't only the best candidate for the job, but also the only candidate. Faith walked onto the bridge and saw only Lydia there. Faith walked over to Lydia and rested her hand Lydia's shoulder.

"Where is everybody?" Faith asked. She placed a cup of dark green liquid next to helm console.

"They're in their quarters," Lydia answered, "or wherever." Lydia made some adjustments to the helm. Then a strong pungent aroma slapped her across the face. She noticed that the odor was coming from the cup.

"What the hell is that?" Lydia asked with disdain look on her face.

"It's Kargak," Faith answered. "It is the closest thing that the drilli have to coffee, but a thousand times stronger."

Lydia picked up the cup and brought it closer to her lips. The smell was overwhelming. Her eyes looked up at Faith. "I can't this drink this shit."

"Take small sips," Faith explained. "It makes it tolerable."

Lydia did as suggested and it worked. It still tasted disgusting, but the drink rushed to her head. All of her senses were heightened, she felt the softness breeze of Faith's movement. She smelt the slight musk of Faith's body, saw the dust particles floating the air and the vapors from Faith's breath. After a minute went by, everything went back to normal.

"Holy shit!" Lydia said. "That was a serious rush."

"And that was just a sip," Faith said. "Can you imagine if you drink the whole cup?" A suggestive smile came over her face. "Your skin will be covered with goosebumps and tiny hairs on your arms will rise on end. You will see and feel the heat coming from by my body. You will taste and feel all over me and beg for more."

Lydia laughed with the cup still in hand. "This isn't coffee?"

Faith gently massaged the back of Lydia's neck. "It is an ancient drilli's aphrodisiac."

"Really?" Lydia replied with a slight giggled. "I really don't need one for you."

Faith's face a light shade of red as the blood rushed to her head. "This could be our last time together." She straddled her lover. She ran her fingers through Lydia's red hair and kissed her passionately on the lips. "I want it to be special, something that we will remember all of our days in this life and the next."

Lydia's stopped the ship and locked the door to the bridge. She drank half of the cup. Faith drank the other half. "We can delay the attack for a couple of hours," Lydia said. "I love you."

"Show me," Faith whispered in a seductive voice.

###

Staring at a data pad was one way to past the time, but when there was something more appealing to stare at, like a sexy naked shavili sleeping next to her. There was a lot on Simona's mind. She was worried about the upcoming attack on the Hannibal. The tactical officer wasn't sure if it was a good idea, but she needed to follow through with the plan. Simona went over her part several times in her head and knew that there was a low success rate. She stopped worrying and focused on what she could control or have some influence over. She flipped her datapad across the room and it made a clunking sound when it hit the wall. It wasn't loud, but enough to wake Ezi up from her slumber.

"Can't sleep?" asked the sleeping eye shavili.

"I fucked Vlad," Simona confessed.

Ezi's eyebrows rose and her eye widened, "Just now?"

"No." Simona lightly tapped Ezi on the shoulder. "A couple of days ago, but it was nothing but sex." Simona looked down and avoided eye contact. "I don't have feelings for him."

Ezi sat up and rested her chin on Simona's shoulder. "Do you have feelings for me?" she asked, "or is this just sex."

Simona delivered a nervous laugh. "I don't know what to call what I feel for you. I'm fascinated, excited and terrified all at the same time."

"Terrified?" Ezi said with a small smile. "I never had that word used to describe a feeling for me. Tell me more."

"I have done things in the past that I'm not proud of." Simona stroked Ezi's bare leg.

"We all have bones in our wardrobe." Ezi rubbed the top of Simona's hand and their fingers interlocked.

Simona laughed. "The expression is 'skeletons in the closet,' but I have more than skeletons. I have a graveyard."

Ezi kissed Simona's shoulder. "I'm very intrigued."

Simona laid down on the bunk and looked at the ceiling. Ezi propped herself up with her elbow and stared at Simona. There was some sparkle in her eyes as she waited to hear the tale.

"I use sex as a weapon," Simona shared. "I've been using it years to get what I want or need. I'm not proud of that fact. The reason I slept with Vlad wasn't that I desire him or even like him. I wanted him on my side."

Ezi's bright yellow eyes widen. "Your side?" she asked.

"I planned to take over the ship," Simona explained, "and turn Lydia over to Star Force. I felt that it was the best option to save her and us. I couldn't get Vlad to agree with me. I guess his loyalty to Lydia was stronger than his lust for me." She lightly chuckled. "SINDRI is very dangerous. Screwing them over wouldn't be a good idea. We could pay dearly if we fail." Simona sat up in her bunk. "But Lydia isn't a force to fuck with as well. If anyone can do what she is planning, it would be her." She looked at the purple body laying next to her and lightly dragged her fingers over Ezi's curves. "I have more secrets that are affecting me." Simona paused, waiting for the strength to continue. "I've been spying on you ever since you came aboard the ship."

"A logical precaution."

Simona smirked. "It went beyond precaution," she added. "I watched and studied you for hours. Learning everything to could find out about you. Your likes and dislikes, your habits, your--."

Ezi nobbed her head, "My erogenous zones?"

Simona smiled and kissed her slowly on the lips. "I observed you and Faith when she rubbed the top of your head and noticed your reaction. First, I was curious about you. Then I was fascinated by you."

"And now?" Ezi asked.

"As I said before," Simona commented. "I'm terrified."

Ezi let out a deep chuckle. "Again with that word." She leaned in closer. "Why do I terrify you."

"You were a pawn in a game I was playing," Simona said, "I never fall for my prey. I could always separate my feelings from my duties." She gently caressed Ezi's face. "But I failed. I developed something for you." Her fingers traced around Ezi'soft lips. "It went beyond curiosity and lust. That scares the shit out of me."

Ezi grin lit up the room. She climbed on top of Simona. "Let me terrorize you some more."

Simona threw her arms around Ezi. "I'm so scared." The two laughed and shared one more special moment. Simona learned an important lesson for Lydia. The best way to manipulate someone was to tell them the truth.