Chapter 10

Vlad brought the ship closer to the Hannibal. He engaged in the docking procedure and performed the task perfectly. Lydia was getting more impressed with his flying abilities, but she was still better. The clear docking tube extended to the airlock of the Enigma and then loud clinching sound followed. With the docking tube secured, the crew waited until the tube pressurized. Simona and Faith escorted the prisoner from the brig. Powerful magnetic restrains fastened the drillus's wrists together and Simon carried a shock stick set on at maximum voltage that would put him down fast if he tried to escape. The crew walked down the docking tube. Faith stared at the stars, she was getting used to space and admire the beauty of cosmos. They arrived at Hannibal's airlock. It unlocked and they greeted by a six-person security team armed with sidearms, and a young blonde haired man accompanied the security team.

"Welcome aboard, Dr. Carson," said the blond haired man.

Lydia frowned. "Who the hell are you?"

"I'm sorry," the man said. "Where are my matters? I'm Warren Haden. I filled in for you while you were on assignment." He stared at the beaten drillus and looked at his security team. "That the beast to his cell. We'll talk to him later." The security team escorted the prisoner out of the airlock. The drillus snapped at Warren as the guards walked him by. Warren didn't even flinch. Then his eyes spotted the striking purple creature. "You are one of the beautiful beings I have ever seen." He gently grabbed her hand and kissed it. "It's a human custom. I hope you didn't mind."

"Not at all," Ezi replied adding more seductive tone to her voice.

"The pleasure was all my."

"I see you adjusted your translator," Lydia added.

"Of course," he said with a slight smirk on his face. "One should always be prepared."

"Are you going to kiss my hand?" Faith joked.

"You must be Faith," he said. His eyes scanned her body. "You are small, tiny really." Warren stood a half a meter taller than her. "It surprising that you have the strength of three men. I heard a lot about you and I can't wait to hear more."

"I heard nothing about you," Faith said. "If you want to know more, read the reports. I'm not telling you anything."

"You still have fire in your blood," he said. "I bet it still burns."

"I don't trust you." Faith said with only her lips moved, her jaws stay shut.

"You will grow to trust me, Faith," Warren said.

"I doubt it," Faith snarled back.

Warren directed his attention to Lydia. "I will escort your crew to their quarters. Amulius wants to talk to you once you came aboard."

"I will see him now." Lydia excused herself from the group.

Warren walked them through the ship. The guest quarters were on the third deck. The crew of the Hannibal took notice of the shavili. She was exotic, sexy and very different. The crew was drawn to her like ships to a black hole. They knew it was dangerous, but they couldn't resist. Ezi did not help the situation. She flirted at them by winking, giggling and flashing her special smile that would make one feel like their the only one in the room.

Warren gave them a brief tour of their quarters. Faith already had a room, so she didn't need Warren's guidance and broke from the group. Faith didn't like Warren and wanted to get away from him as soon as possible. She faced highly trained soldiers, both human and drilli, and showed no fear, but Warren made her skin crawl.

###

Lydia met Amulius and Captain Jackson in the briefing room. Captain Jackson appeared to be less irritated than usual. He smiled when Lydia entered the room. Amulius was standing in front of the room staring at several holographic screens. The screens showed the drilli responding to the destruction of the shipyard.