Chapter 21

Attacking the Hannibal was a high order, but locating the Hannibal was even higher. The Hannibal flew in silence. It was self-sufficient. It didn't need to stop, refuel or restock. The Enigma had no way of tracking the Hannibal. This could be a fool's errand. Lydia had the ship's computer to analyze Hannibal's movement based on the Hannibal last known location, which was pointless. There were over trillions of possible location of the Hannibal in any one sector of space. Faith walked in the lab and saw Lydia sitting at a chair slamming her hand onto the table. Faith rested her hands on Lydia's shoulders and kissed her lightly on the cheek.

"We are never going to find them," Faith said.

Lydia took hold of Faith's hand and kissed it. "With the limited information," Lydia explained, "we could search for a million years and never find them."

"It goes both ways," Faith said. "They can't find us as well."

"Based on the Sting Ray attack," Lydia said, "they tracking us somehow." She rested her head in her hands. "I'm so tired, Faith." Her voice slightly muffled by her palms. "We've been at this for weeks." Lydia turned off the monitor. 

 Faith turned Lydia's chair around and straddled her lover. Faith kissed Lydia on the lips. "I guess I will never see Earth since we might have to be on the run forever."

Lydia stared at Faith's bright blue eyes. "Sorry, sweetie. This isn't ideal. I wish I could show you Earth. Earth is beau..." Lydia paused as her mind when into deep thought. We felt like an idiot for now noticing it before. "Earth is the key." Faith got off on Lydia as she turned on the monitor and rapidly typed in several keystrokes. "Earth isn't really the key. It's Captain Jackson." She continued to type. "Since Captain Jackson is a liaison for Star Force, he must report to the Board once a week."

Faith's eyebrows shot up. "The second time you mention the board. What's the Board?"

"The Command Board of Star Force," Lydia explained. "They run Star Force and their headquarters is on Earth. They have to know at all time where Captain Jackson is. Just in case if SINDRI does something stupid, they could pull him out. We have to isolate their signal and then be able to locate the Hammibal. It's not a sure thing, but it's the best we got."

Lydia called Ezi to the briefing room. Lydia explained the plan, which made sense to the Ezi but would be very risky to pull off.

"In our current situation," Ezi said. "We will never get that close to Earth or the Board by that matter. Do we have an inside source?"

"I know a guy," Lydia said. "He might be able to help us out. His name is Commander Gaspar Cruz. He works in Star Force Intelligence. He is the only person I know that can get us the information we need to track the Hannibal."

"He is Star Force," Faith said. "He isn't going to help us."

"Gaspar Cruz," Ezi said at a slow pace. "Why does that sound familiar?"

"Because he is on the list," Lydia said, "and that is why he is going to help us."

"You are going to blackmail him," Faith said.

"Damn right," Lydia replied. "But we also have other problems. How is SINDRI still tracking us?"

"I just check everything," Ezi said. "We are clean."

"I know," Lydia said. "I check behind you, which mean someone on this ship is feeding SINDRI information about us. We don't have time to figure it out. We got to go get Cruz."

"Where is his location?" Ezi asked.

"No one needs to know," Lydia said. "I'm flying the ship myself. I can't risk anyone else finding out."