Chapter 16

Monday was just around the corner, and I don't know what I was going to do. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs about how much I liked Anders, but I just couldn't. Being scared was the least of my problems, but fear had a lot to do with it.

I don't think I got any sleep during the night. It's almost 5 AM my alarms going to go off in three hours. I went home last night Anders even though I didn't want to, but I had some figuring out to do. We talked about it already, about out how we're not going to do anything tomorrow. We're going to pretend it's a typical day. We aren't going to talk to each other, not even glancing at each other and especially no touching each other.

I was regretting it. I wanted to hug him and not care, but that's not him or me. We have or reputations, and for now, that's what's essential (along with school). I walked through the large doors of the school and prepared myself for the mentally draining day I'm about to have.

Before I could even get to my locker, I bumped into someone leading me to lose my balance and landing on the ground, hard. I looked up to see only the retreating figure of Anders. I guess one of us is taking the no contact rule better than the other.

I didn't think much about it and went on with the rest of my day. Made it through my first two classes just fine. Right before the bell for lunch rang I got a message from Anders with nothing but a room number in the text, 402. Great now I got to climb four flights of stairs, why did I think going out with a jock was a good idea?

I packed up my things and practically ran out of the room as soon as the bell rang. I must have looked like a complete psycho to everyone around me, but that's fine, I've never cared about what people thought of me before why start now?

When I got to the room, it was dark, and I didn't even know if anyone was there so I did what any sensible person would do in that situation and called out to whoever might be here.

"Anders Gold has a small dick," I could hear a chuckle break from behind me causing me to
turn around towards the sound.

"You of all people know that's not true," Anders' sent shivers down my spine realizing how much I missed him, which was a weird concept to me because three days ago, I was more than willing to sell his soul to the devil for one dirty potato chip, but things change.

"I've missed you," I told him as I walked towards him flipping one of the lights on so I could see his face as I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissing his cheek. He responded by placing his hands around my waist and his head in the crook of my neck.

"I've missed you too loser," he didn't let go, and we just stood like that for what felt like forever, but I knew it was only ten minutes, in silence. "I have to go I promised the guys I'd have lunch with them."

I smiled sadly up at him before nodding my head, understanding, "I promised Margo I'd help with her homework, so I have to go too before she starts looking for me."

"Come over tonight?" With my pointer finger, I traced a circle on his neck before I slowly nodded, letting him know I'd come. He kissed me softly on the lips before letting his forehead lay against mine for a minute until he detached from me entirely and walked out the doors.

I waited a solid minute before I walked out and headed down to the cafeteria. When I first walked in, I noticed Anders sitting next to one of his friends. I think his name was Charlie, but I couldn't be too sure. I also saw Bailey Willows sitting so close to him she was practically on his lap. I held a fist so tight my palm went purple. I was staring, and now people were watching me stare confused as to what I was doing.

I don't know what came over me I couldn't help it. I wasn't myself at that moment, and I know I was about to do something I would deeply regret after this. I took one step forward...

...

So I'm back...
I just finished my last day of school and exams, and I'm ready to finish this book. I hope you guys enjoy my comeback chapter, and I'm very sorry for leaving all of you on a cliffhanger, but I got to make sure you all come back for the next chapter. Can't give it away all at once.

Question
What do you think Connor is going to do in the next chapter?

Also, how would guys feel about a chapter POV from Anders? Would you all like it or should I keep it to Conner's POV?