.prologue

prologue.

"our little town witch

"our little town witch."

bonnie bennett pushed her husband off her once she heard her phone ring, he landed on the floor with a thud and then a groan. bonnie looked down smiling awkwardly, before reaching to the nightstand for her phone. answering it, she was met with a face. "mo-why are you not wearing a shirt?" a voice shrilled on the other end. bonnie bennett awkwardly laughed. "a good cardio workout. how's your trip going?" her excuse was horrible once her husband appeared behind her without a shirt. 

"hi, darling!" lorenzo st. john greeted his daughter. he saw green eyes flicker from the landscape she was looking at to the phone. "greetings father, who also doesn't have a shirt on. you both disgust me. i've been gone for two days and you two are like rabbits. horrible to imagine. anyways, mom. it's just like you said it was. i found the school like you asked." enzo and bonnie looked to their daughter on the screen, proud.

"and you found the twins? how are they holding up?" bonnie questioned about her prior knowledge of mystic falls before she decided to leave it and find something better. "they sent them, to the high school you attended, i saw you in the trophy case with elena gilbert, now salavatore. damange control of something. as if someone died." those words made the heartbeats of her parents go higher than before, this was the first time their little girl was at risk. something they wanted to avoid.

"and you remember all the training you did before you left, right? and if there's a chance of you dying, you come back here in an instant. i don't care what could follow you, do you understand me, augustine?" bonnie's voice was coming to a cracking point, she remembered having this talk too much with her guardians in her lifetime, she never listened and her result was dying. and if augustine was anything like her mother, which she was. she was going to be in a hell of a ride. augustine's laugh could be heard through the phone clearly. "you've trained me my whole life. i have bennett and st. john blood, you couldn't have prepared me more. not with one more spell or one more handsy way to take down someone that is stronger than me." augustine was proud to be alone.

she loved her parents, but all her life her parents lived in fear of losing a person they loved again. bonnie bennett lost her true love by his art getting ripped out in mystic falls, she lost her dignity, faith, hope and herself. having a family was her finding herself, her cutting ties from anything life risking was being herself. and enzo couldn't love her more for it. with all that happening, augustine never got to make real friends, sure she talked on the internet but she never made real connections with people. so, when word got to the st john household that there was trouble in mystic falls she was happy to volunteer to be the one to fix it.

"now listen, there's somethings I have to tend to because these kids don't know what they're doing. and there are.... boys. a lot of them, cute boys, cute girls. my god." augustine's voice turned into a groan. "and don't get distracted, gus. having a little toy could be fun. and love can be a dangerous concept. stings like a bitch when it doesn't go your way." enzo made sure his voice was louder than his daughter's groans. 

gus looked around before nodding into the phone. "i have to go, i love you both." and with that a beep ended the call and she was gone. bonnie set the phone back down on her end table and just looked to her husband with a slight frown. enzo sighed, taking bonnie into her embrace. the weeks to come were going to be a stressful. "our little darling is going to be fine, love." enzo rubbed bonnie's shoulder in pure comfort. 

"i know. but you know what that place did to us, what we had to deal with. just imagine what's waiting for her in that town, in that boarding school." bonnie was not fond of mystic falls, it brought her misery, lack of character. her happiness was like a toy that was steadily snatched away from her. "it brought you family, even though it's complicated right now. it did. it brought us, together. there's good in the town. and our little girl is going to find it. don't doubt her." enzo kissed bonnie's forehead.

an: i was waiting for legacies to get added on netflix before i releases anymore chapters. don't forget to comment and vote! also if you enjoy deadly class or that's 70's show you should check out my other stories!