Lauren/You - Childhood Sweethearts

Lauren/You - Childhood Sweethearts – Prologue.

Summary: Lauren and You met when you were 5 years old. You had moved to the house right next to hers and from day one you hit off directly. You were everything to one another. You were childhood sweethearts and this until your 13 years old. She then became your girlfriend. But when She auditioned for the x-factor and realized that she had a chance in this music industry she broke up with you, telling you that she couldn't risk being with a girl in an industry that hated gay people. She broke up with you and broke you. You needed to get away to get over her so you did something unexpected, something you knew would take you away from your home for a long time, but you did it anyway since the longer you'll be away the more time you'll get to get over her. What happens when you come back and see her again??

A/N: Hey guys, Katy here (Author of so many fics that i'm too tired to write all of their titles haha). Anyway, this idea just popped into my mind when I woke up this morning and although I know that I have several fics already I chose to at least write down the prologue to know if any of you like it or something. So if you do like it, let me know...

Enjoy the prologue.

Your point of view.

6 years. It had been six years since the last time I had set a foot in the city. Miami. It was weird coming back to where my life started as not even two months ago I was in a place where I thought my life was going to end everyday. Things were different today though. When I took a breath, it wasn't the smell of death or of fear that invaded my nostrils, but the smell of happiness and normal life. Walking, I made my way to the house I had grown up at. I had missed my family so much but leaving was something I had needed to be better. I could have come back after the first two years but I felt the need to stay there, for all of the others. Now it was over though, now was the time that I came back to my old life. I knew she would be there, Lauren, but I couldn't care less at the moment. The only thing I cared about was being back home although I knew deep down that the thing I had missed the most wasn't my hometown but more childhood, along with my childhood sweethearts. She had broken up with me and at the time I hadn't understand why, because I was immature and I loved her too much, but today I could understand because I was grown up and I didn't love her anymore, at least that was what I liked to tell myself.

My sister was the only person who knew I would come back tonight and she had told me that Lauren, her family and her bandmates would be there for dinner to and as I had prepared myself to face her again I just decided not to give up on the surprise. I was so eager to see my mom's reaction that Obama himself could be there, I still wouldn't care. I finally stopped on the doorstep and I could already hear the laughter on the inside betraying a warm ambiance. I pulled my phone out and quickly called my sister so that she would open the door without having me noticed. In a matter of seconds the door flew open and I saw my sister's teary eyes staring right back at mine.