Eugene's outfit above ⬆️

Eugene
I love Mummy and Daddy. I love them so much and wish they could stay at home instead of running off. I want my Mummy and Daddy. The door opens, I put down my crayons and paper, getting off the table my babysitter Chole helped me into. I look like a combination of Mummy and Daddy, my babysitter says that I look a little more like Daddy.

Through the door comes Mummy and Daddy.

"Mummy! Daddy!" Is what I say in a high pitched voice, as I ran up to them literally hugging their legs, as I came up to their waists. It's not my fault I'm only three foot and ten inches tall. Mummy put her hand on my back and patted me, as Daddy tried to carefully wiggle out my grip. "Eugene it's nice to see you but not when I'm holding bags," Mummy said making me let go, as she walked by taking her coat off and dropping it on me. I can't reach the damn peg! And Mummy!

Chole saw what Mummy did, she looked as if she didn't agree. She took the coat from me and hung it on the peg.

Daddy began to pour a bottle of gin in a glass, as Mummy went to unpack. "So how was Eugene this week while we were gone?" Daddy asked taking a drink of his gin.

"Oh he was very good this week. We had a lot of fun didn't we Eugene?" She said looking at me with a smile. "Yeah lots of fun." I said trying to sound happy.

"Well anyways, I better take off." Chole said getting her bag and coat, along with her suitcase. "Thanks again Chole, have a nice evening." Daddy says showing her to the door, soon as she left the door closed.

Daddy pouring more gin in his glass, going to the couch. Mummy coming down in a black silky robe, joining Daddy on the couch.

I remember one time hearing from Mummy and Daddy, that I was not planned but an accident, apparently they had sex. I don't fully understand what it means but I do know it's how a child is made. S-e-x, Sex. They had sex. Daddy said the protection didn't work, Mummy said to him that something called 'Condoms' are only 97% effective. It sounds sad but it's true, they can't hate me. I love Mummy and Daddy.

I hugged them, that means I love them right?

Before even approaching them, they start to have a conversation. I hear every word:

"Hun, why did we have to return home so soon?" Mummy says, resting her head on Daddy,"Well the next tour stop isn't for a week and besides someone needs to watch Eugene," Daddy said.

"Eugene wasn't even planned. He was an accident," Mummy said as Daddy rubbed her back. "I know he was accident but once the blob formed a person you just couldn't do it, so we kept it." Daddy said kissing Mummy's forehead. "Yeah, I'm always weak at that point but if it was still a blob then maybe, maybe I would have kept it." Mummy said.

"Look after this week, I'll call Chole again and get her to watch Eugene, and then we can go on tour like we never had kids." Daddy said. "Alright," Mummy said as her and Daddy kissed. They forgot I was in the room, Mummy put a tongue in Daddy and Daddy did the same to Mummy, ewww!

But wait do they still know I'm here?

"Mummy, Daddy. You both said I was an accident, do you still love me?" I said. They froze and stopped kissing and turned their heads towards me, Mummy moving a piece of hair away from her face. "You even said that you might have aborted me. Do you still love me?"

"Eugene sweetie, course we love you. Besides I'm glad I kept you, you were such a beautiful baby when you were born, I'm glad that condom didn't work. Besides your Daddy couldn't stop cuddling you when you were a baby, you were so cute you had like these big but little puffy cheeks that made me want to squish you." Mummy said, it was similar to what she said last time, but it did make me feel a bit better. At least I know Mummy and Daddy still love me.

And I love my Mummy and Daddy.

Daddy has tattoo of a yellow flower of a rose on his arm, there's an eye in the rose and it's Mummy's eye. I might get a tattoo when I'm big that has written Mummy and Daddy in an infinity sign with their wedding flowers. Because I love Mummy and Daddy.

I went back to my colouring, seeing the dogs go to Mummy and Daddy, giving them kisses. As they petted them, the dogs were very loving and helped me get through tough times when Mummy and Daddy were away. I get back to my drawings seeing Daddy ordering food, yeah they do this a lot.

"Yeah yeah, chicken noodles will be great. Um can I get some vegetables and some egg rolls....thank you." I heard daddy say as he put the phone down. "The food is on its way," he said to Mummy. She hugged Daddy from behind and then asked;

"Did you get the vegetables for Eugene and the right chicken?" Daddy kissed her arm and answered,"course I did," he said.

Knew it'll be vegetables. After a couple minutes the food arrived. I went to the table, forcing myself on the seat, Mummy and Daddy never helped me. They just started checking the food and then put it on the table. Mummy opened up one of the boxes and got out a spoon, emptying out the contents. It was all vegetables.

"Mummy all vegetables?" I said. "Their good for you and your gonna eat some. Besides you got chicken too," Mummy said putting some chicken on my plate as Daddy got his food and sat down with Mummy. They talked amongst themselves as they ate. Daddy mostly discussing the tour to Mummy who nodded and agreed with what he says.

"I drew a picture of you two. Mummy, Daddy?" I said but neither of them paid attention. Until Daddy looked at me and said, "Eugene not now, Daddy is too busy discussing business with Mummy." Did I do something wrong?

Was I bad? Did I get crayon on the table? Looking at the table, there was no crayon. I picked at my food, nibbling. Taking sad bites. I took a lot of sad bites. Thinking about what made Mummy and Daddy mad.

Once I was done with my food, I jumped off the chair and took my plate to the sink, getting on my tip toes I just about get it in. "Mummy, Daddy did I..." I got cut off by Daddy again. "Eugene, not now." He said. I went over to the piano, sitting on the seat pressing some of the keys, pressing the C key and then the F key, then the G key, then the A minor key.

"Eugene, off the piano, and stop playing it." Daddy said looking at me then adds,"besides your not a musician." That's mean. I can be a musician, I can be anything.   "I could be a musician," I said Daddy shrugged his shoulders before saying,"whatever, go to bed." I didn't answer back, I went leaving the drawing on the piano, then writing on the drawing, 'Sorry Mummy and Daddy.'

To bed, it's gone past eight. Mummy and Daddy want me in bed cause they're mad. Or Daddy's mad. Hopefully the picture tells them I'm sorry.

I love my Mummy and Daddy.