An hour after Eugene's parents returned home..........

Eugene tried what he could to get his parents to acknowledge him, to know he's there. So far they have been brushing off what he says and continue with their stuff and careers. He even got a fork and stabbed himself in the hand, forcing himself to cry out in pain. His dad jumped and so did his Mum they both looked and saw him trying to force a cry, his Dad shrugged and carried on with what he was doing.

His Mum came over and saw he had a fork in his hand but saw no blood, so Sarah basically shrugs and looks at him like 'Stop it' and takes the fork, putting it back in the drawer. He sat there thinking how he could get their attention?

Eugene (Yeah it's mostly Eugene's POV)
I sat there against the wall in the living area, looking at the big picture on the wall that Daddy really likes. I was thinking, what could I do to show them that I'm not invisible? Should I yell out saying, 'why do you both act like I'm invisible?!' Or are they going to ignore that too?

Or should I say, 'Fuck A. Silver Lining.' No, they'll probably go mental. But it will get their attention, giving them a shock that their six year old child swears. Maybe I could play the piano, but that could anger Daddy.

Hey I could press a piano key and then run away, it would like playing hide and seek but instead it would be press piano key and run. Let's do it.

I got up and walked up to the piano and when Daddy wasn't looking, I reached over and pressed the C key and the F key. I quickly ran away before Daddy could even look, running down the hall way to my room up the stairs, hearing Daddy saying,"Eugene, I told you, do not touch the piano or play it." He said, which made my heart beat fast, hearing his foot steps.

I sat there under the small table in my room, trying to hide. Then I saw the window still and climbed on there, pulling the curtains over covering myself. This was a bad idea, within seconds I heard the door opening, hearing foot steps. I held my knees to my chest for comfort, hearing Daddy get closer. "Eugene, I know your there. Now listen, I'm busy and your mother is busy. Get used to it, ok?"

I moved the curtain away, seeing Daddy standing there by the window still. "Why?" Is what I said, making him get down and say "because it's what we do for a living, get used to it." He got up and left, I felt like I was punched in the gut. I went over to my drawer, getting out the picture of Mummy and Daddy holding baby me. The tears were coming from Daddy, he cried when holding me.

I looked at it, reminding myself Mummy and Daddy do love me and did care. I turned the picture around seeing some writing on the back, it said:

'Our little bundle of joy is finally here.
He's perfect and we love him very much.
Welcome to the world Eugene Urie.
Mummy and Daddy love you very much.'

It made me emotional when reading it. I felt like I wanted to cry and hug my parents telling them I love them. But that felt like it was impossible. They'll tell me to go away. Guessing going down and seeing what their doing is better than sitting up here feeling down. I put the picture back and went down.

The living room was empty, just stuff everywhere. Then suddenly the sounds of Mummy and Daddy talking was there, more in the kitchen. I listened carefully:

"So I got a call from Chole. And it's not good news." Sounded like Mummy. I heard a sigh it sounded like Daddy.

"What is the bad news? Sarah come on, what did Chole say?" Sounded like Daddy.

"She called saying she wasn't feeling well. Brendon she's sick, she said she's sorry and can't take care of Eugene." Definitely Mummy, since she said Daddy's name, I know my parents names.