Lean on us

~A week later~

A week ago, I was able to forget about Jennifer and everything that happened. But when the next day came, I was back to my torture. I was starting to lose hope in life, this was how it wanted me to be. It wanted to watch me suffer and watch me fall. But what have I done to deserve this?

I watched as everyone rushed around the house. All I did was sit, and sit. I didn't have a job to go to, nor did I have anything to do. I was stuck at home all day- well, not anymore. Maybe if I get a job, then I can avoid Jennifer. That was highly the case. If I got a job and she heard about it, she would immediately know the reason, or so she'll assume the reason. In the end, that would lead me to nothing but more harm. Then Kim stumbled down the stairs. She spent a couple of weeks with the night shift, and she still has the night shift. I'm shocked that she didn't just stay in bed all day, like she normally does. Having the night shift, and needing to stay up late is exhausting for her. "Babe, why are you awake?" Namjoon went to her, making sure she didn't misstep and fall down the stairs. She yawned and almost fell. Luckily, she was holding onto his hand. "I can't stay in bed all day, I need to be somewhat productive," she made her last step. Then she wandered to the kitchen. I watched them again. Then Jimin made his way to me. "You seem very interesting in what we're doing," he sat down next to me. "Jiminie, what if I get a job?" I asked. "What, you want a job?" he asked back. I nodded, "Everyone here has a job, and I don't. I feel unless. I'm just here supervising while you guys work hard. Plus, I feel bad for not paying my part of the bill." He looked at me. "But you seemed completely fine with it when I first told you our plans. We don't mind, we work hard so all of us can be supported," he said. "I know, I know. You don't have to remind me, but I can't help but feel guilty about it. I mean, like you said, all of you work hard. It's just... I want to help too," I struggled to say. I was unsure how to form my words. All I knew was that giving a helping hand was something I wanted to do. "You are helping. You always work so hard to make us food. Don't forget that you help around the house when we're gone. Those things are really important to all of us. I think that we own you more than anything. You don't have to worry about a job. All you need to do is use your brain," he patted my head and got up. Then he turned to me, "I'll see you later tonight, babe,"

Then they were gone. Kim sat down next to me on the couch. She had a cup of tea in her hands. "We should go hang out," she suggested. "What do you want to do?" I asked. "Just have fun," she answered. "Like what?" I asked. "I don't know," she shrugged before drinking her tea. "If it matters that much, we can just go to the mall or something. We should buy the BTS members a present," she said. "But why?" I asked. Again, she shrugged. "I don't know, just to show some appreciation...?" she answered, questionably. "Don't ARMY show enough appreciation to them?" I asked. Kim chuckled, "Appreciation from us. Are you going to say we also show enough appreciation? Because you're right, we do. Let's just go out and have some fun; have a girl's day... until I have to go to work." "Fine, you've convinced me," I giggled. When she was done with breakfast, we changed. Then we got into her car. "Let's think, what places can we go to?" she asked. "There's a lot of places we can go," I chuckled. "I want to go visit an art museum. Namjoon's too busy for me, so he doesn't want to come with me. Plus... it's not like he's already seen enough. I guess I don't matter," the last two sentences were mumbled but I heard them. I patted her back, I knew she was just joking. "We don't need them. Let's spend time at the art museum," I cheered her on.

~Time: 6:00 P.M.~

"Thanks for spending time with me. It seems to be that they've gotten extremely busy. I miss those times when we would hang out everyday. But, high school came and went," Kim pulled on her jacket, "I'll be back around...three o'clock...?" I nodded, "I'll see you later then." Then I let her out. When she was gone and out of the driveway, I grabbed my phone. "Hurry up, b****. The club may not be open but I have a job to finish," that was a recent text from Jennifer. "Right..." I sighed and started heading out as well. I accompanied Jennifer to her 'job.' When she was done, she stumbled out. "It's time for the club," she grabbed me and pulled me. It was seven by this time. Unlike Jennifer, I wasn't aware what time the club starts. When we got there, Jennifer was quick to throw me at her group of 'friends.' "Be sure you serve them well, b****. If any one of them complains, then I'll punish you," she said. "Oh, Y/N. You're back," it was a group of females that kept pushing me around. "Could you..." one female paused, "Get me a whiskey?" I wanted to say no but I knew she was watching me. So I willing went over there. The night was quick to take over. The club was full of a lot of people. I was being pushed around to the point where I could break. Eventually, I did. "No, I don't want to help you. You can leave me alone," I walked away from the group of guys. They were asking me to help them practice in bed. That's when Jennifer grabbed my shoulder. Then she punched me. I could tell that she was extremely drunk. "What did I tell you, you piece of s***? You need to serve every f***ing one of them," she started hitting me. I used my arms as defense. When she was done and satisfied, she spat on me. "Leave my sight, b****," she pointed towards the exit. "My pleasure," I left without a problem. Everything stung, and it was hard to move. By this time, it was midnight. When I was home, I was quick to enter. That's when Kim ran to me. "Kim, why are you here?" I asked, I tried hiding my injuries. But I couldn't, there were too much. She took one glance and knew exactly what happened. "My shift ended short because we weren't as busy as we expected. I was allowed to leave so I did. When I came back, I realized the lights were off. It worried me so I went to check what happened. When I saw you weren't in bed, I assumed you went off to go shopping. Now I see what's going on, she back at it, isn't she? No, that's not even a question. She is back at it, I know that. But I see she had a different set of plans, I guess she does have brain. Is she making you meet her when we're all busy? That's the only explanation," I wish I could hide things from Kim more often. "Please don't tell the others anything, I want to-" she stopped me. "You want to deal with this on your own? You're not weak when someone helps you, Y/N. I know you, Y/N. For goodness sake, I'm your best friend! Don't you remember what happened when you last said that? You almost committed suicide!" she reminded. "Lean on the others and me sometimes. We're here to help," she said. I looked at her. Soon tears started forming, "I'm such a nuisance." She was quick to pull me into an embrace, "I'll take care of this."

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako