T H I R T Y T H R E E | ' adohi '

. . . SILVER FOX . . .

Silver teleported herself deep into the Sphinx facility, using her connection to Marionette as a guide. When she ended up in a room surrounded by gray cement walls, she figured she was in the right place. Footsteps thudded outside and she pushed her back flat against the door, praying her luck would hold. Thankfully, the sound trickled away, and she was able to leave the room unseen.

"Marionette," She whispered to herself, "What have you gotten yourself into?"

Every inch of the facility vibrated with the force of the explosions overhead, complemented by the faint sound of gunfire. Presumably, she was in the basement and hopefully that was where this Enoch man kept his prisoners. Silver took in a shaky breath, wandering down a dimly lit corridor. This place was built like a labyrinth and she felt like she was going in circles.

"Enoch Kaius! We know who you are, stand down! This is your only warning, stand down!"

Silver shivered at the sound of Rogers' voice chiming in through a loudspeaker. She had split off from the Avengers soon after arriving at Sphinx and while that did little to gain their trust, it was what she needed. Marionette was her first priority and she simply couldn't rely on a bunch of strangers to do her job for her. She continued to travel through the facility, analysing everything from the dust on the floor to strange dark marks on the walls as she walked. But her search for clues appeared to be fruitless.

A second explosion boomed from upstairs and she fell to her knees as the entire structure shook violently. Then, loud thuds came from down the corridor and Silver took off towards them, no longer worried about attracting attention. Soon after, the sound stopped but she was certain it had come from one of the three doors ahead.

"Marionette!" She yelled, beating her fists against the first. It was metal, steel in fact, and prying it open would take time. Groaning in frustration, she extracted two metal pins from her belt, about to slip them into the lock when a crash came from behind her. She spun around, immediately getting to work on the door behind her. If this was a trap then she was alone down here and considering this man had trapped both an Asgardian God and her super-charged friend, Silver doubted her chances.

The door swung open and she found Loki standing on the other side, a knife ready in his hands.

"Where is she?" She said, her voice threatening to crack.

Marionette stepped out from behind him, her mouth open.

"Silver?" 

She pulled her into a bone-crushing hug. 

"You're okay. Ohmygod, you're okay." Silver said, pulling away. Marionette was covered with bruises and small cuts from head to toe but she was alive and that's what mattered.

"Damnit, I missed you." Marionette whispered, her face scrunching up as she tried to restrain herself. 

"What the hell happened?" Silver asked, before turning an angry gaze towards Loki. She stepped forwards, muscles in her jaw twitching, "If you hurt her-"

Loki rolled his eyes, noticing small cracks appearing in the walls and roof of the room, "Surely, we can discuss this at a later time."

"It's alright, we're good for now." Marionette said, heading towards the door, "You see where he went?" She called over her shoulder, only to turn back around when no one replied.

Silver shook her head as she watched Marionette limp outside, "With that leg, you're not going anywhere," She turned towards Loki, noting the burns running down his arms, "I guess if she trusts you, so do I. See if you can make your way upstairs or to a safe spot until the others arrive, I'll get Enoch."

"He's armed and he has back up plus we don't know how many of his men are crawling around this facility, we should go together." Marionette said, crossing her arms under her chest.

"I've only seen one so far, besides, you'll slow me down." She smirked.

Marionette swatted at her arm, "Injured or not, I could still beat your ass."

Silver stopped, a crease forming between her brows, "That...wasn't there before."

She pointed towards a set of bloody footprints on the floor, leading down a dimly lit pathway "And I swear that corridor wasn't either."

"Sounds like a trap." Marionette said, "But this place is built like a maze, I don't expect you to have it memorized."

"I'm heading down there," Silver started walking then glanced back at Marionette and Loki, "Don't follow me, I mean it M."

The further she walked, the more unnerving the facility appeared. Every so often she swore she could hear distant screams or the creaking of doors. She was just scared, obviously, and the flickering lights did little to aid that. Eventually, the tracks stopped before a pair of metal double doors painted over in white. A fresh logo consisting of what seemed to be a small snake was inscribed on each handle, sparking a flash of dread in the pits of Silver's stomach as she eased the doors open.

A laboratory.

Silver looked behind her before taking her first step inside, trying to understand what she was seeing. Fitting what she'd heard about Enoch, this room appeared to be a mad scientist's den. Wires lay across every square inch of the floor, a massive machine took up the center and the walls were all scribbled over with various mathematical formulas and notes. Above the churning machinery hovered the Tesseract and after taking a careful look around for Enoch, Silver paced towards it. 

It was...

"Beautiful, isn't she?"

Silver spun around, raising her gun up high with both hands. 

"Hands up, on your knees."

She angled it towards Enoch's head, squaring her shoulders as he put his hands up and sank to the floor, emotionless.

"Now, don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you." He said.

It only lasted a moment, but Silver noticed the way his eyes flickered behind her and turned to her right just as a second figure jumped down from the ceiling. She swung her fist back into his face but the man blocked her blow and twisted her arm behind her back. The gun flew out of her grip as Enoch rose to his feet, watching as his lackeys cuffed Silver's arms together and slid a heavy headset over her eyes. Silver screamed, thrashing blindly.

"Are the Avengers still occupied?" Enoch asked, walking over to the control panel beside his machine.

"Yes-sir, shall we?"

Enoch smiled faintly, "It's time."

Silver was thrown into position on a small platform as Enoch activated the contraption. Blue currents of energy spiraled from the Tesseract to her headset, blasting her with power. Her body glowed pure white, almost blinding to look at and Enoch's men shielded their eyes while he stepped forwards and cupped her burning cheeks with his hands. The orbs of his eyes flashed green as he channeled thoughts of his home into her mind. Her body convulsed wildly, striking him twice but he barely noticed in the heat of the moment. Blood trickled from his nose, dripping onto the floor and he tensed as the lab spun around him.

He was blind to the world around him as her body flickered like it was glitching in real life and warped in and out of the laboratory. 

Home.

He would finally be home.

A heavy weight locked itself around his ankle but before he could see what it was, Silver teleported them away and everything faded to black.

. . .

Can't wait for end-game but I've never been more scared of peeing in my life lmao.

^ And today on completely unnecessary author's notes.