Chapter 1 - The KCA's

Taylor's POV

It's the night of the Kid's Choice Awards!  I'm so excited! I inspected my dress one more time in the mirror. It's a white thing of beauty. I took one last glance, then step into the car that's taking me to the awards.

I stepped out onto the red carpet, and posed for some pictures. The secret to taking good pictures is to swivel your body slightly and look straight ahead to flatter your figure.

I answered the usual questions from reporters, but then I notice a familiar face next to me. Five, to be exact.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the first day of school. I sat down in my first class, English, hoping that I looked acceptable so that I could make some friends this year. I didn't get in that well with the people in my last school. They didn't take my love of country music that well. I figured that this time  I would wait and see how people liked me before I told them that I wanted to be a singer.

I was so preoccupied that I almost didn't notice when a girl sat next to me. She had red, curly hair. It turns out her name was Abigail Anderson. We chatted, learning facts about each other until the class started. We were, by far, the most cynical people in that class. Soon, the bell rang for us to go to our next class. Abigail had band while I had math, so we said our goodbyes and headed in opposite directions.

Math class was so boring, as I'm not particularly skillful at algebra. I looked around, and saw a pair of beautiful blue eyes staring intently at me. He smiled at me, and I smiled back. We started talking, and telling each other about ourselves. He had the cutest accent ever! He was British, but he was moving here for a few years. It turns out that he wanted to be a singer too. He told me he had posted a couple of covers of him singing on YouTube. I told him how I wrote songs and played at the Bluebird Cafe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I waved at Louis and his band, One Direction.  I had watched all his X-Factor videos online as soon as I heard of them.  You see, with me releasing my albums and going on tour and him being halfway across the world, we sort of lost touch. Less and less texts were sent. Emails took longer to reply to.  He didn't know when my first album was released.  He didn't hear my songs and tell me what he thought. This was actually the first time I'd seen him in person, but us becoming distant was a mutual thing, or I hope.

I directed my attention back to the interviewer.

"Have you started working on your next album yet?"

"Yes, I have and it's going to be great. I'm kind of taking a different approach to this album than from my previous albums, so I'm really excited."

"I just heard One Direction name you as a celebrity crush. What are your thoughts on that?"

"That's really cool because I'm a big fan of their music. I listen to a lot of things, not just country.  But I'm not interested in dating anybody right now. I'm just so busy and I also don't think it will be fair for the person because I'm still getting over my last breakup."

"Well, Taylor, that's all we have time for today. It was nice talking to you, and good luck on all your nominations tonight."

"Thank you!"

As I took my seat next to Selena, I couldn't help noticing that One Direction was only a few seats down from me. I smiled to myself. Maybe I would go backstage and talk to them afterwards. Maybe I would catch up with Louis.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was an amazing night! I was presented the Big Help award by Michelle Obama. Justin won Choice Male Singer and Selena won Choice Female Singer. I was so happy!

One Direction's performance of What Makes You Beautiful was simply....beautiful. After the awards were over, I headed backstage to talk to them.

Louis saw me first, "Taylor," he screamed as we hugged, "it's been way to long! I can't believe we didn't keep in touch!"

Liam, Harry, Zayn, and Niall looked confused, so I decided to enlighten them. "Lou lived in Hendersonville for about two years. We were classmates," I explained.

They all exclaimed something along the lines of, "I can't believe you didn't tell us that you knew Taylor Swift!"

Louis said, "Well I never thought you would remember me."

I smiled and said "How could I forget you? You're my boobear!"

He blushed a little, as Harry said, "So you're the one that came up with that nickname? We keep trying to tell us who came up with that nickname, but all he would say is that it was a special childhood friend."

Louis pulled a beautiful girl out of the dressing room. "Taylor, this is Eleanor, my beautiful girlfriend."

She smiled brightly at me, and said, "It's so nice to meet you! I love your music!"  She was so friendly, it was imppossible to not like her too.

I smiled back and said, "It's nice to meet you too."  For some reason, I had I strange feeling of deja vu.