Chapter 3 - Tabloid Troubles

Taylor's POV

I looked at the magazine:

Does Taylor Swift Have a Crush On Harry Styles of One Direction?

Justin Beiber told us that one of his close friends think that Harry Styles is "hot." Swift was seen talking to One Direction backstage to congratulate them on their performance. It seems like she was getting along very well with the whole band.

And people wonder why I don’t read tabloid articles about myself anymore.  They can’t even get their rumors straight.  If, and I said if, I liked any of them, it would definitely not be Harry.  I called my publicist. "Hey Jane, this is Taylor."

"Oh, hi Taylor. I assume you're calling me because you saw the magazine article," she said calmly.

"Yes I did. Would this be a bad time to mention that they're my special guest for the concert today?" I asked.

"Um, that's not important. Just tell the press at your next interview that you are 100% single. Because you are, right?"

I replied, "I am single. Louis was just my classmate from high school so we were catching up."

"Did you tell Justin that you think Harry is hot?" she asked.

I replied, "No. It must have been someone else."

"Okay, I'll call his publicist and ask," she reassured me.

"Thanks," I replied.

"I have to go, Taylor. Bye!" With that inspiring advice, she hung up.

As I was getting ready to go to rehearsal, the door rang.  It was One Direction. Of course.

Liam said, "I thought we would come over and head to rehearsals together."

I smiled and said, "That's a great plan. I was just heading to rehearsals now.  But beware, because Grant doesn’t like boybands."

None of them knew who Grant was, so when The Agency came out, I introduced them.

"This is Liz, Caitlin, Grant, Al, Amos, Mike, and Paul," I said.

"Hi, I'm Niall."

"I'm Liam."

"I'm Zayn."

"I'm Harry."

"I'm Louis."

"And we're One Direction," they said in unison.

I told everyone, "We're doing What Makes You Beautiful.  Let's get started!"

Liz and Caitlin were so excited, because they’re totally in love with all of the boys.

We decided that I would join them in the chorus.  After we ran through the song a few times, we got everything down and it was time to rehearse my other songs.

I told them, "You can sit in the audience while I rehearse the rest."

After the rehearsals ended, Caitlin dragged me into a dressing room where Liz was waiting.  Oh no, I thought, here comes the investigation.

Liz started off with, “Do you like any of them?”

“No,” I simply stated.

“OK, interrogation over.  You can go now, but make sure you tell them good things about me,” Caitlin said.

Liz piped in, “Me too!”

I laughed and said, “Of course I will.”

I walked out to find the boys waiting.  "You guys were great!  Do you want to come over to my apartment?"