Look at What You Did

(Chapter sumarry: Bad shit happens, man.)

(Seriously, there is not enough works that take place after Arthur gets out and finds Percy. It kills me inside.

Also, longer chapter, I went a bit crazy. Side effect of moving on from writing on a word counting website (it's very nice: https://wordcounter.net/https://wordcounter.net/) to writing my entire story on Google Docs is that I'll overshoot my chapters word count. Usually my story parts are 400 (ruffly one minute 30 or so to read) or 420 words (used to be 200), this one was 645 words.)

The doctor walked out with a waning, “I’ll leave the jacket off if you’re good.” Arthur nodded and looked to the plate. Plates are sharp when smashed, maybe he could just. Arthur pushed the plate off of the bed and it smashed into pieces on the cold floor, he quickly reached down and grabbed a piece, slipping it under his pillow. The door slammed open and the bobies ran in with the doctor behind them.

“Shit, why did you do that?” Constable whatever-his-name-was hissed and crouched down, begging to carefully pick the mess up.

“Hey,” Constable Watts sat on the edge of the bed and smiled kindly. ‘ It’s just a cover, Arthur! Don’t fall for it, ’ he thought to himself. “What happened?”

“I forgot it was there and kicked it off,” Arthur lied, glancing over to the mostly cleaned mess.

“Are you sure? I just left,” the doctor narrowed his eyes. ‘CAN HE READ MY MIND?! 

“I spaced out.” Arthur pushed himself into the headrest of the bed and sighed. ‘ They didn’t seem to react, either they know about me being off Joy, or they’re dumb. I’m gonna go with #2 on this one to make myself feel better. 

“You don’t seem like the type to, whatever. You nearly have that cleaned, Constable Rabossen?” Rabossen? Would hate to have that surname. (I think Cabbage or Bacon would be terrible, Cabbage is a common-ish last name in Britain and Bacon is a constable’s name in WHF)

“Yeah, just checking to see if there’s any left, wouldn’t want him to stab us.” Rabosson glanced up at Arthur’s scowling face and chuckled, going back to looking.

Arthur did not like him. He felt his ankle get touched, he opened his eyes and found the doctor checking on it.

“Sorry, my hands are kinda cold,” the doctor laughed and Arthur nearly smiled.

Arthur’s close smile snapped down and was replaced with a grimace as the doctor touched a particularly sore spot. Arthur hissed and flinched but did nothing more. He closed his eyes and tried to rest, he felt on the verge of sleep as his shirt was shifted. He ignored it, probably just getting off the the bed and pulled his shirt down. But then he felt the top button being undone, he snapped open his eyes as they got down to the middle. The doctor was taking off his shirt. That’s the one this Arthur absolutely hates, his body. One thing that has only been seen by himself, his mom, dad, brother, and one bitchy, verbally abusive, girlfriend. He pushed the doctor away from him and winced empathetically (I smacked my head and kicked my bed until I could remember the word empathetic) as he fell onto the floor. Arthur backed up and fell off of the bed, his calm, slightly happy, expression turned into that of a terrified one.

“Doctor Fran!” Welp, that’s his name then. Watts ran over to Fran as Graham ran over to Arthur. Arthur was put into a hug sort of? Fran was helped up as Arthur cowered.

“Let go of him, it was my fault, I should have told him what I was doing,” Fran said as he brushed invisible dust off of his coat.

“We’re sorry, you know how it gets, downers can be violent.” Watts smiled at Arthur and helped him up. ‘Guess they do know. 

“I need to check your torso for any cuts or other busing we didn’t see.” Arthur laid back down and closed his eyes, sleepily nodding at the doctor.

Fran poked around for a while, Arthur sometimes held Fran’s wrist when he needed a brake. They ended up finding about 15 bruises (some long from the batons bobbies carry, four in the shapes of shoes on his sides, and a lot from punching) and eight cuts. Arthur relaxed a little and plunged into darkness.