{Twelve} ~ A Fanfiction Kind of Moment

I sat in Chemistry alone, silently working on my lab when I got a text from Gerard.

Gerard:
Come out to your locker

Skeptically, I texted him back.

I'm in class Gerard, I can't just skip

Gerard:
Yeah, yeah you can.

Gerard:
Please? I just wanna talk to you

Alright, Alright

"Um, Mr. Williams?" I raised my hand.

"Yeah?" He looked up at me from his stack of papers.

"M-May I use the restroom?" 

He sighed, "Yeah, just avoid west-wing. That's where Way hangs out." 

I silently snickered to myself, "Thank you." I said as I got up from my seat. Nervously, I walked out of the classroom and to my locker that just so happened to be in the west-wing. As I rounded the corner, there Gerard was, leaned up against my locker. 

A smile grazed Gerard's pale face as I got closer to him, "Hey Sugar." He looked like he was gonna come over to me but he decided against it. Instead I went over to my locker and leaned against it as well.

"What's up?" I asked, already knowing the answer. He was gonna ask me about earlier, I know it. He's too predictable... at times.

"Wanna tell me what was up with you this morning?" He asked. Called it!

"I don't understand why you're making such a big deal out of it." I mumbled. Gerard huffed and titled his head back in annoyance.

"I just... I just like to know what's going on, that's all." There was definitely annoyance residing in his voice, but he was trying his hardest to keep it from showing.

"I've noticed." I thought I said quiet enough for him not to hear, but I was wrong.

"Hey! There's no need for you to be getting sassy with me." Gerard snapped. I looked up at him shocked. This is the first time that he's ever really raised his voice at me. Sure I've only known him for a few days but it still came as a surprise to me.

"I-I'm sorry." I whispered, forcing myself to look down at my feet. I've always hated when people yell at me. Even the slightest bit of a raised voice can cause a lump in the back of my throat. Hearing Gerard snap at me not only made me scared, but sad too.

It was silent for a minute before Gerard took a deep breath to calm himself. "Y/n, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell. I'm just frustrated, okay?" Gerard stepped closer to me and titled my head up to look at him. He let his hands fall back onto my hips once I was looking at him. It's rare that he calls me by my name. He almost always calls me Sugar, so for him to actually use my name must mean that hes serious.

"I-It's okay." I replied, letting my hands rest on his forearms. My voice cracked slightly, making Gerard's face soften.

"Please don't cry y/n." Gerard softly held my face with one of his hands and rubbed his thumb back and forth on my cheekbone. His hands were soft, yet cold. It made me shiver, but lean into his touch anyways. 

"I'm not. I just don't l-like when people raise their voice at me. E-Especially when it's m-my fault." 

"It's not your fault Sugar. I told you several times, don't feel bad when I lose my temper. It's never your fault, okay?" Gerard said sincerely. "Now will you please tell me what you were thinking about?"