Chapter III: Great Expectations

Clementine's P.O.V.
I enter the building. Everybody is laughing and mimicking me and my Dad because of the events that happened outside. I try to make conversation with some groups but they keep on ignoring me. I feel a girl tap my shoulder "Hey, your shoes untied." "Yeah I'm aware, it's a choice.."

I begin my first class, which is math. I'm raising my hand, and everybody else raises their hand instantly! Each class is so long! Each teacher is strict and they just keep on talking! They keep on lecturing us, and I hate it! All the other kids look like they are having a good time! But I'm just here, sweating, fast beating heart, I'm stressed, I hate this place so much! I should've failed that entry test so I don't have to deal with this!

I enter my last class, and I'm late. Everybody is watching a presentation about the multiverse. Everybody is looking at me. I enter and I duck down, trying not to block the screen. "Ms. Marsh moving in the dark. You're late again." My teacher says as she pauses the video. I stand up. "Einstein said time was relative, right? Maybe I'm not late, maybe you guys are early." Everybody is staring at me, until one girl sitting in the middle starts laughing. "Sorry, just so quiet." The girl says. 

"Would you like to keep standing there, or do you want to sit down?" My teacher says as she continues the video. I sit next to the girl who was laughing at what I said. "I liked your joke." She said. "Really?" I said with slight confusion. "I mean it wasn't funny, that's why I laughed, but it was smart, so I liked it." "I don't think I've seen you before." I say, but the teacher shushs us, so we stop talking. Then, the bell rings, and the teacher turns off the presentation and turns on the lights. "We'll continue tommorow." The teacher says. Everybody leaves, but the teacher wants me to stay.

The teacher shows me my quiz results. "A zero? A few more of those you'd probably have to kick me out of here, huh?" I say as I point towards the door. The teacher just keeps hitting the table with her pen. "Maybe I'm just not right for this school." "If a person wearing a blindfold picked the answers on a true or false quiz at random, do you know what score they would get?" The teacher says. "50 percent?" I guessed. "That's right!" "Wait..!" I say, but the teacher cuts me off. "The only way to get all the answers wrong is to know which answers are right." She says as she changes the grade to 100. "Your trying to quit, and I'm not gonna let you." She whispers to me. "I'm assigning you a personal essay. Not about physics, but about you, and what kind of person you wanna be."

Those words just kept on playing through my head, non-stop. I arrived at my dorm and entered it. I closed the door, and sat all my books down. I pull back a chair and sit in it. I pull a paper out of my back and titled it 'Great Expectations.' I fiddle around with my pen as I think of what I should write down. I then roll my chair back towards the window and look out of it. I start smiling. I had the perfect idea.