bestfriends :)

you have always had a crush on your bestfriend carlos. he was always so sweet to you. he always bought you your fav snacks and comforted you when you needed someone. but the one thing that was in your way was des.

des was his girlfriend. you and her didn't get along, so carlos always had to spend time with her, and then spend time with you.

des really only hated you because carlos spent more time with you, and he always took your side.

tonight carlos was on a date with des, so you were home alone watching netflix and eating chocolate.

you then flinched when your phone started ringing and your screen filled with a picture of carlos looking goofy. "carlos 💓" was at the top of your phone.

Y/n: hello?

C: y/n?

you were confused because it seemed like he was crying.

Y/n: yes?

C: can you come *sniff* get me i need *sniff* someone to talk to...

Y/n: okay, i'm on my way.

you hopped into your car and drove in the rain. you saw carlos with his head in his knees under a porchlight, his face extremely red.

Y/n: oh my gosh, are you okay?

C: des *sniff* broke up with me...

you had mixed feelings about it, but dismissed them as you carried carlos to the car.

Y/n: how did it happen?

C: we w-went on our *sniff* date, and s-she t-told me she didn't want to be with me a-anymore cause i was always with *sniff* you...

you sighed and put your head down. you couldn't believe you were the reason your crush got dumped.

you rubbed his back and drove to your house. your mom was still on her business trip, so there was no adult supervision.

you carried him to your couch and gave him a blanket and pillow.

he shuddered and sniffed by how cold and sad he was. you rubbed his back again and you pulled him in a hug, your head resting on top of his.

C: i j-just don't get it, why would she do this to me?

Y/n: i don't know, but i do know that you're gonna be okay sweetheart.

you caressed his hair and hugged him tightly.

C: i mean, she said it was because of you, and she wasn't wrong...

you looked at him surprisingly, wondering what he meant by that.

C: i still remember that night, y/n.

you breathed deeply.

Y/n: we don't TALK about that NIGHT.

carlos smirked and sat up.

C: why not?

he had a smile tugging at his lips, and you couldn't see his features that well in the dark when your only light was the tv. you slowly noticed that he was coming in.

and then...

your lips touched.

his lips were just as soft as the other night long ago.

that one night when he was still with des.

______________________________________

he and des were two months strong, but they had gotten into a fight and carlos went over to your house.

C: i just can't believe she won't reason with me! i've called her 4 times already!

Y/n: just calm down, she'll get over it.

C: are you sure? she's really stubborn...

Y/n: if i wasn't sure, would i be telling you this?

carlos smiled, then started laughing and you joined in. you put your hand down and he put his on top of yours.

you looked down and immediately stopped laughing. you tried to pull your hand away but he had an iron grip.

Y/n: you're with des-

he stopped you from finishing your sentence and kissed you.

you both pulled back and you looked stunned.

but he immediately started again.

and you guys made out for the rest of the night.

______________________________________

you pulled your lips back after you reminisced about that other night.

C: i'm not with her anymore, y/n.

Y/n: i know, but i feel guilty.

C: but why feel guilty if SHE broke up with ME?

you smiled and shook your head from side to side, and kissed him again.

you guys then started to make out, and it was a perfect ending to a perfect night.

______________________________________